• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

26 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Tughill has jackpotted 2-3 times this winter so far, hes not allowed to complain for at least 2 weeks. 

That same thought occurred to me- “that kid better not be crying for a while”. Lol. I’m still scraping the bottom so I get to keep moaning and bitching. Ha! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

That same thought occurred to me- “that kid better not be crying for a while”. Lol. I’m still scraping the bottom so I get to keep moaning and bitching. Ha! 

Yeah I've been in the transition zone so far this year too. Decent event to my south and big event to my north. 

13 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Just looking at the setup, I'd be surprised if wolf didn't get at least a foot out of next event. Even if winds change quickly that band is going to be 2-3" per easily. Only thing I'd be worried about is inland extent via the higher winds. 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Someone between Fulton-Syracuse-Pulaski into southern Redfield gets 2' from next one. 

I could see from the Thruway north in Onondaga getting a foot and increasing as you go northward with Wolfie getting a couple feet.

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Tughill has jackpotted 2-3 times this winter so far, hes not allowed to complain for at least 2 weeks. 

Right?  I got 6.5" total where he had 10.  I did have 5" a few weeks back but missed his 8" dump prior to that.  

If We do get a bit of ZR Sunday could act like a driveway sealer for our snow "pack."  ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sferic said:

12z HRRR gives N Onondaga hope

hrrr.JPG

This looks like a classic Oswgo County event but extreme no. Onondaga can get in on some of it.  I'd be thinking 2-5" is not unreasonable, based on past similar looks. There's up and downside potential though...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sferic said:

Just got a delivery ( 3 large desks for my computer work area) from Fed Ex

Young lady driving said she's from Central Square where there's a foot of snow OTG, wow got to take a drive up there

I believe it since that’s where the band of heavy snow set up for much of the afternoon. I’m 5 miles south and was right on the southern edge, in and out of light snow and sunshine. When the band did move south later in the afternoon it snowed heavily here for over an hour. That’s when I got the majority of my 5.3 inches. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sferic said:

Just got a delivery ( 3 large desks for my computer work area) from Fed Ex

Young lady driving said she's from Central Square where there's a foot of snow OTG, wow got to take a drive up there ( 9 miles from me) 

You will see a big difference/variance just in that short drive. It will give you a good idea of what lake effect is like. Brewerton, even closer to CS, got half of that.