• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
TIMS model verification, December 31, 2021 - January 3, 2022

Holston_River_Rambler

Map is pretty much accurate.  However, I don’t know many(if any) who received more that a dusting in most of Kingsport.  Maybe someone got a 1” lollipop. Not a huge deal, but it is pretty much brown/green grass here.  LOL!   Not the end of the world.  Super glad it worked out for everyone else. There have been many times when we score in Kingsport and very few others do.  Just taking our turn this time!  Plenty of winter left.  Plus, I enjoy tracking winter weather about as much as the event itself.  Still crazy to have a high of 77 on Saturday, only to have it snow 36 hours later.  That makes this hobby fun.  La Niña winters have been good to you, @AMZ8990!

• Like 3

This is Chattanooga in a nutshell. Nothing in the valley but check out the areas just around us. Also, I received a notification on my phone that Nob North golf course (Cohutta, Ga. Between Ringgold and Dalton) 15 miles south of as a crow flies that the course is closed today due to the snow not melting off. I think they picked up
2-3". This is the Chatty area snow life.

The picture with no snow was what we received at our home in Ooltewah. Nice, dry ground looking out our front door. 8504c9769b2ac41f61af672dd3aa941c.jpg2c153503b27910ca44f68c42c8382c90.jpg9d44013ac6cdc1e49d109f2803138f92.jpgade616b163c720c8f35d11852ee664c2.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Last night was such an extreme situation regarding heavy rain and warm ground that any little thing was a monkey wrench. But if you got under a great band or two you racked up. 
From MRX, a little broad brushed but mostly accurate imby. 
YhxtRf.md.jpg

I ended up with around 2” but it only snowed around 2-3 hours. It was puking it though

• Like 2

I'm not sure how much we ended up with here between Crossville and Monterey, but after I went to bed it must've blew around all over the place as well as melting some. Some areas had a dusting and others were almost a foot deep. It wasn't as pretty on the trees as a lot of the wet snows due to the wind, but for literally being the first flakes I've seen all winter it was a good snow. If I had to guess I would say 4-6" total here which was originally forecast to be 1-2" even though the models seemed to consistently suggest 4-8". NWS Nashville finally put us under a Winter Storm Warning after it stopped snow in middle of the night lol.

270945844_3116460845266213_3031206845244

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Maestrorr said:

Just got back to internet. This was this morning. Measured at 5 1/2 inches most places. This is Mt Pleasant near Citico Creek, Monroe County, about 1500 elevation.39b8fe95471a60a363c69d73a40981c7.jpgbea53458c4e450218a594f32a8e69583.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Nice location...one of the best spots to score in the winter in the county

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic
Just about 3 miles north of my place, on Lone Mountain:
Au3RqEK.png

Looking east from Lone Mt:
VI0ERlh.png

Looking at Frozen Head yesterday, from Highway 62:
NO6fmZs.png

chJvp4v.png

Coalfield yesterday, looking Northeast:
UPkTVFo.png

That’s beautiful. What’s up with all the timber down in that one picture?

10 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

That’s beautiful. What’s up with all the timber down in that one picture?

Someone has been cutting lumber on that side of the Mountain. Made a nice overlook for me, lol. I'm not sure if it is on private land or the State forest, but it is right off the trail that climbs the mountain. Only about a 3/4 mile hike up to that clearing. 

The sun's over Little Brushy mountain in that one pic. I live pretty much at the base of it. 

• Like 1