Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
TIMS model verification, December 31, 2021 - January 3, 2022

Holston_River_Rambler

4 minutes ago, dwagner88 said:

I can't tell if the issue show on the HRRR in the valley is just temperatures (in which case I believe rates will trump it), or a loss of forcing from the deformation zone. If it's the latter, someone is getting screwed.

Could be a combination of both. If you look closely at the 12z HRRR accum map, there is a bit of a gap in middle TN as well. Just like always, there is going to be winners and losers based on elevation and where the bands develop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TellicoWx said:

Lots of 1/2" to 1" pics coming out of AR in areas where no accum was forecast this morning

The Bands setting up in Arkansas look decent honestly, moving a tad slower than anticipated as well.  We will see how they do as they move across the Mississippi River though, as that’s were stuff usually falls apart for us in west Tn.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AMZ8990 said:

The Bands setting up in Arkansas look decent honestly, moving a tad slower than anticipated as well.  We will see how they do as they move across the Mississippi River though, as that’s were stuff usually falls apart for us in west Tn.  

Yeah will be interesting to watch evolve east of the MS. The runs with decent amounts had that tounge of precip on them last night. Really takes off east of the river on those runs.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

Good luck to you guys out west...basically nowcast time for yall. Alot of "surprise snow" and "did not expect this" tweets coming out of AR. Radar looks decent setting up between Memphis and Pine Bluff.

Fayetteville, Arkansas reporting anywhere from a dusting up to an inch around the city.  

• Like 1

Starting to get excited. 2"/hr rates is no joke. If that heavy deformation band sets up, even if the strongest of the event only last 3-5 hours, that's a nice haul for NETN/SWVA. 4-6" for the upper northeast Valley seems possible with the higher elevations getting thumped. 8-12" looks doable for the Smokies, Banner Elk, Mt. Rogers, into the Blue Ridge.

• Like 1

I think you're going to do much better than me with this one Reb. 

I suspect I will have boundary layer problems until the precip is just starting to move out, but the ~50 miles between me and Blount county will make a ton of difference. The low starts to deepen as the precip is moving out for me, but I think foothills areas will get really good rates for a while. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611116cffe644d5f5f0ad

The 14z HRRR actually shows areas closer to the mts turning before me in SE Morgan county. 

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic