Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter

Rjay

3 minutes ago, KeithB said:

The thing is, the potential was really big. Maybe never that big for me (I'm in Rockland), but when the potential is large, there is a feeling of needing to get the fruition of it. There are only so many chances for 18+.

I will give you an analogy. Let's say you play the Mega Millions and the jackpot is 200 million. You hit all 5 numbers, and now you are waiting on the 6th one where the number is anywhere from 1 to 25. You miss that one and wind up collecting 7k. You cannot say to that guy or gal, " what's wrong with you, 7k makes you sad"? Once 200 million was in play, yes, 7k makes one sad. 

Now, apply that to these snowstorms. In a vacuum 6 inches is great, but, a lot depends on the potential and what that is/was.

That would be a fair analogy….if the vacuum wasnt a weather forum. 

this is more like being on a gambling forum, Amongst people who havent hit a bet all season, and then having a push on the last leg of a 6 leg parlay turning your +3800 bet into a +700 bet.

All While other posters are saying none of the bets will hit, then claiming victory when 5 of the 6 hit but the 6th is a push to screw up the big win. And while others are ignoring the o/u trends and saying “its gonna hit no matter what”. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BxEngine said:

That would be a fair analogy….if the vacuum wasnt a weather forum. 

this is more like being on a gambling forum, Amongst people who havent hit a bet all season, and then having a push on the last leg of a 6 leg parlay turning your +3800 bet into a +700 bet.

All While other posters are saying none of the bets will hit, then claiming victory when 5 of the 6 hit but the 6th is a push to screw up the big win. And while others are ignoring the o/u trends and saying “its gonna hit no matter what”. 

haha. Yes!!

what a awful horrible month for snow in nyc it could have been the greatest ..so many chances and it just did not work out..who would have thought that southern coastal new jersey will have a better year in snow totals then nyc..

Isn’t that kinda why we like it, though? To see the unexpected?

Good evening all. The storm thread is amazing. I know it’s hard to believe but it’s generating pages faster than Liberty can post. As always …

rclab, you’re pretty knowledgeable… what are we to believe? Why should I believe these randos versus the NWS?

It’s crazy and it’s beautiful simultaneously.

17 minutes ago, North and West said:

rclab, you’re pretty knowledgeable… what are we to believe? Why should I believe these randos versus the NWS?

It’s crazy and it’s beautiful simultaneously.

Good evening, N&W. My lost love had a marvelous but stealth sense of humor. As I would bemoan the storm potential + or -  she would grab both my arms look straight at me and say. “If you want a sure thing just look out the window. If it stopped snowing grab a yardstick and stick it in.” Unfortunately for my much younger self, she almost always meant the snow. Be well, stay warm, dry and safe tomorrow. As always ….

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, rclab said:

Will, if I do that, I’m afraid you'll also have to compose a eulogy. The upside is I’ll finally be hard. As always ….

the fear is not in death.  the fear is in not having truly lived, and also not having taken $50 from one of your fellow weather dorks.

take the red pill, rclab.

1 minute ago, Will - Rutgers said:

the fear is not in death.  the fear is in not having truly lived, and also not having taken $50 from one of your fellow weather dorks.

take the red pill, rclab.

I thought it was blue. Sadly Will what good are cloths if you don’t have a closet to put them in.  As always ….

On 1/26/2022 at 2:32 PM, Brian5671 said:

bust

On 1/26/2022 at 3:17 PM, Snowlover11 said:

welp this one is on life support.  this winter sucks.

On 1/26/2022 at 3:54 PM, nycsnow said:

Pathetic, I don’t know why we get ourselves worked up this winter, literally nothings gone right for us this year 

On 1/28/2022 at 1:21 AM, Will - Rutgers said:

in 24 hours every single person in this forum will be unhappy

i can't wait

basically a free surprise christmas

:popcorn::drunk::cory:

21 hours ago, Doorman said:

OM_Desktop_Thumbnail_HD.jpg.00060e07ec813037144bd221ac3effe2.jpg

Anthony's new ride!!!!!!

My house 

Stuck_in_the_Wringer_105.png

• Like 3