• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

7 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

This is why I utterly disregard fake Effect.  You get a surprise sometimes but usually.its Bollocks.  Fortunately I was at a friends in syracuse and got to see an inch of snow there.  Now we wait till January.

You got less at your house than Syracuse? Wow. It's amazing how in a place that averages 130 inches of snowfall a year, that lake effect is irritating. I think it's because there's either a super-narrow band that dumps, but you get missed by it a few miles....or it's the multi-cellular "inch here, inch there" stuff. Not many impressive snowfalls.

Anyways, the band is looking like it's consolidating and intensifying a bit more on a more traditional WNW flow aimed right toward us.

image.thumb.png.9dbd180edd7a9d7fac870c9ef7075179.png

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

You got less at your house than Syracuse? Wow. It's amazing how in a place that averages 130 inches of snowfall a year, that lake effect is irritating. I think it's because there's either a super-narrow band that dumps, but you get missed by it a few miles....or it's the multi-cellular "inch here, inch there" stuff. Not many impressive snowfalls.

Anyways, the band is looking like it's consolidating and intensifying a bit more on a more traditional WNW flow aimed right toward us.

Fake snow is fake snow. It's garbage other than on W flow east.of L.O. up in homeless, toothless people land. Erie at least dumps where people live on various flow direcrions.

• Haha 1

Finally back in some snow but the band is collapsing south right along I81. At the same time it is building back in western Oswego county. I’m not expecting much but I only need a quarter for an inch to reach 3 inches. The temperature has dropped all evening currently sitting at 28 degrees. 

27 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

6 to 8 inches here overnight! I am on the leader board for a few days! :P

IMG_20211123_072749508.jpg

Keep this up and you’re going to ruin your reputation!  2.7 inches here. The band sagged south around 10 PM and we got next to nothing overnight. Looking at reports on Meteorologist Peter Hall’s Facebook page it appears the heaviest snow fell from Baldwinsville to Solvay.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

For all the Buffalo folks this is the exact pattern you want for good Lake effect chances for the city and suburbs. Now showing up on EPS days 10-15, not too far out. Hopefully we keep that pattern. The PV is also on this side of the globe. 

224500408_ScreenShot2021-11-23at9_49_26AM.png.eb4202340a29601e04fb619ef5c90d35.png

We're due.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

Keep this up and you’re going to ruin your reputation!  2.7 inches here. The band sagged south around 10 PM and we got next to nothing overnight. Looking at reports on Meteorologist Peter Hall’s Facebook page it appears the heaviest snow fell from Baldwinsville to Solvay.

Apparently Van Buren and Warners got even more!

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Told you that band would be rockin overnight, I saw it redevelop over you as I went to bed. The next event this weekend probably produces similar amounts in your hood. Congrats! 

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah next event looks better than this last one for you guys. 

Thanks! Unfortunately I will be in Tennessee for that one.

Thanks all for the congrats.

When I went to bed the band was starting to set up. We must have had 2 inch per hour rates because I woke up three hours later and much of this had fallen.

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

Jackpot looks like it was just west and southwest of my location, from B-ville and to the SE from there, roughly.  So close...

I can vouch for that. I was on the thruway near the Warner’s service plaza heading East this morning around 4ish and from there to about exit 36 was pretty nasty.  Watch another semi start to jack knife trying to get off for 690 but saved it. Seemed as though the thruway was caught off guard.

• Like 1