Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

3 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Well Euro still has it..

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus - 2021-11-26T135025.089.png

Figured it would have lost it with the next run but there it is again. That first run was the kind of evolution you sketch out on paper as the “dream” storm for BUF-SYR. Bombing low in Delaware Bay that moves N/NW to near Ottawa. Still too far out to get excited but makes the next few model runs interesting. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Figured it would have lost it with the next run but there it is again. That first run was the kind of evolution you sketch out on paper as the “dream” storm for BUF-SYR. Bombing low in Delaware Bay that moves N/NW to near Ottawa. Still too far out to get excited but makes the next few model runs interesting. 

Yeah, everyone would be happy with that solution. 

...SNOWFALL REPORTS...

Location                     Amount    Time/Date       Provider

...Southern Erie...
5 ENE Collins                6.0 in    0330 PM 11/26   Trained Spotter
5 NW Springville             5.0 in    0245 PM 11/26   NWS Employee
Sardinia                     4.0 in    0500 PM 11/26   Trained Spotter
Sardinia                     3.5 in    0130 PM 11/26   Public
3 ENE Holland                1.5 in    0400 PM 11/26   Trained Spotter
Langford                     1.0 in    0320 PM 11/26   Trained Spotter

...Chautauqua...
Jamestown                    5.8 in    0230 PM 11/26   Amateur Radio

...Cattaraugus...
1 N Perrysburg               5.0 in    0340 PM 11/26   CO-OP Observer
5 SSW West Valley            5.0 in    0400 PM 11/26   Public
South Dayton                 4.0 in    0345 PM 11/26   Trained Spotter

So it’s becoming increasingly likely that the whole area sees a 1-3” snowfall Sunday afternoon through Sunday night…some nuisance LES Monday then a bit of a warmup…but that storm on the Euro and even somewhat the 18Z GFS fir next weekend really has my attention. An Aleutian ridge looks to develop which would help buckle the PV and throw colder air into the East. If the southern stream gets active and we get Greenland to cooperate we MIGHT just have our first legit system to track. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I see this morning the NWS text states several inches tomorrow afternoon from lake enhancement Chautauqua to Buffalo Metro? We’re driving back from Florida and will be in that area around that late afternoon timeframe.

Yes 06z RGEM has a really nice band setting up tomorrow evening over the metro. Check out this run at 10:1 and the band is cranking over metro BUF and sinking south during hr 84 so more to come on top of these numbers. This is all verbatim of course which the RGEM is known for overdoing lake effect but still interesting to see.

BBD75B7C-0EB3-4C34-92A4-06E829C4F622.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Yes 06z RGEM has a really nice band setting up tomorrow evening over the metro. Check out this run at 10:1 and the band is cranking over metro BUF and sinking south during hr 84 so more to come on top of these numbers. This is all verbatim of course which the RGEM is known for overdoing lake effect but still interesting to see.

BBD75B7C-0EB3-4C34-92A4-06E829C4F622.jpeg

This is from Tuesday not sunday night?

prateptype.us_ne.png

13 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

NAM starting to show the lake enhancement across BUF

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

It’s funny how we sometimes hope for different things. For Buffalo, it’s actually good if the clipper goes further north. It allows a SW wind. For Rochester it just kills us. The SW wind gives us downsloping and then robs us of the NE wind that gives us our boost. All very evident on the RGEM. 
I think it’s a real solid possibility. 

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Aren't you at double digit snowfall and its Nov 27th? :lol:

Definitely not double digit. One fluke event that delivered a nice snowfall. Unfortunately it melted within two days with the normal Sizzle. But, that's to be expected in November.

Back to the normally scheduled program. 4 to 6 inches expected yesterday and webcams show grass with a light dusting. Yikes. As we all know, lake effect can be fickle.

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

Here ya go Matt. Since you think the weather is always trolling you, I thought this might make you feel better. The green blob is only over my head! Lolimage.thumb.png.eef240df9e6fed31f5d26062e80c99dc.png

The 12Z GFS trolls all of us on the lake plain from Rochester east. This is turning into a real yawner. I got a big 0.6 inch yesterday. That makes how many dustings, Matt, and how many more to go?636733B5-9E53-448B-969E-119D990B5197.thumb.png.e18797b1fb46de4284d556868b45bb3a.png 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CNY_WX said:

The 12Z GFS trolls all of us on the lake plain from Rochester east. This is turning into a real yawner. I got a big 0.6 inch yesterday. That makes how many dustings, Matt, and how many more to go?636733B5-9E53-448B-969E-119D990B5197.thumb.png.e18797b1fb46de4284d556868b45bb3a.png 

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

Rochester’s best chance is behind the clipper in a gentle north flow. Could be good for an inch or two. Hey. I’m desperate over here! Lolimage.thumb.png.7303f127a79f8660156f40fbb3d5c120.png

Back to hoping on lake effect after a synoptic trolling? Risky. :lol:

Many of the models are trying to show some enhancement along the south shore though. So who knows...

Oh, And the Sizzle is already several degrees above forecasted high and everyone else. For a place with lots of different weather, it sure is predictable.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The GFS pattern is extremely active, we should hit on 1/2 of those waves. That's a big synoptic snowstorm type pattern if it aligns right. Tons of gulf moisture with wave after wave.

It’s active. But we need one to catch and it’s tough to catch. It’s a swift flow and we’ll lose our block. 
I think it looks like more of the same- good for the Lake Effect Elevation areas. BS for the rest of us. But at least it bears watching.