• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Into Winter!

3 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I guess I’m not shocked the NWS is going so low, but now that the higher res NAM family has shifted south, who are they hanging their hat in? Oh and the rest of the 12z looks amazing throughout 

Yeah, they all look pretty good for 3 to 6 inches along the Thruway(GFS and NAM a little on the edge). I don't blame them though for hesitating. As we've been talking about, these tend to go farther north and they seem to think the High isn't very strong in pushing south. Perhaps their thinking will change a bit with the most recent runs. I could see both NWS offices (BUF and BGM) bumping up to 2 to 3 inches for the NY 20 corridor and north to Lake Ontario.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Showing some lake help. Don’t get reeled in- this could still go north like NWS expectsimage.thumb.png.f7ac6994d9467fd61f3cafa82a163db7.png

This is a bit different in that if the High, which is actually there, pushes south more, the system will run in more a west to east fashion...rather than what has become the typical SW to NE fashion. That could save us and give us several inches.

• Like 1