Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Cold Season Thread 2021/2022

PhineasC

4.4F  Light snow and some blowing snow.   About 2" to 3"

What a ride with the models on this one.  In my hood every small adjustment changed my snow amounts greatly.  It was fun to try to figure out which model run had the most credence.   Which one ended up being the best?  I guess the GFS was better than the Euro?  Thoughts?   In any event this storm is an easy cleanup with no wet snow or mix to deal with. Just a regular snowy  day for me, nothing out of the ordinary unlike our friends to the southeast.

In the end the storm worked out to how I expected it to.  Snow of various intensities but  I was surprised that the wind was so light all day.  The temperature fell all day from 15F at the start of the snow to a low of of 3.7F but now the temperature is actually rising a bit.  This was a very cold storm but there was one a few years ago where the temperature was around 0F all day. Now that the visibility has come way up I can look down over Newfound Lake and see that the wind is just howling down the lake creating blowing snow that is hundreds of feet high.  I have never seen that but the wind direction must be perfectly lined up with the big lake.

I'm always amazed how the settlers in 1795 picked my site to build our house.  The wind is so light here while it is howling in all the north facing areas.  

On to the next event.  Seems to be trending colder with a mixed or even an over running ice event.   Lots of time for adjustment.

4 minutes ago, alex said:

Realized that today I never turned the heat back up after I got back from skiing, but just keeping my fireplace going has kept the downstairs at 72 and upstairs at 75. I switched supplier and this firewood is incredible. 

back in weather news, measured 7” an hour ago and it’s intensified again. 

So much for plowing when you only had 2 inches...lol