Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,147
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    SCseminole
    Newest Member
    SCseminole
    Joined

Central PA - Fall 2021


canderson
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Superstorm said:


I was 11 years old living in NJ. First time witnessing Thundersnow.

Was my favorite storm of all time until Superstorm 93.


.

I was 20. I think this was one the first storms i started documenting and saving Patriot News Front page stories. All lost when i got water damage in my basement in the early 90s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

Another rain storm on the 8th *** Actually lots of ICE. 

i was going to say we don't get ice in December, but remembered it wasn't that long ago i lost power in December due to freezing rain. I was pissed i missed the Steelers game............when it mattered......when they were good :wacko2:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sauss06 said:

i was going to say we don't get ice in December, but remembered it wasn't that long ago i lost power in December due to freezing rain. I was pissed i missed the Steelers game............when it mattered......when they were good :wacko2:

At this point I hope we get an ice storm that knocks out the power for each of the remaining Steelers games.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Superstorm said:


I was 11 years old living in NJ. First time witnessing Thundersnow.

Was my favorite storm of all time until Superstorm 93.


.

 

16 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I was 20. I think this was one the first storms i started documenting and saving Patriot News Front page stories. All lost when i got water damage in my basement in the early 90s

I was a 18, senior in high school and glad that the storm came on Friday so that I only missed one day of school. I wasn't trying to graduate in July so Friday storms were a huge bonus. 

I got 5" of snow in one hour between 4pm and 5pm that Friday. 12" in 3 hours. Lightning, thunder...the 3 hour period from 3pm to 6pm that day was the best 3 hours of snow I've experienced in ANY storm in my life. Not often does a foot fall around here in the time it takes to play an NFL game. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, paweather said:

NO

That is why the stock market is tanking.  Powell said they may hasten tapering due to the new variant.  But back on to the GFS, by Mid Dec there is no "cold" air in the Continental US.  Practically the whole country is near or above normal.  Same for Southern Canada.  That is the worst news of the run for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is why the stock market is tanking.  Powell said they may hasten tapering due to the new variant.  But back on to the GFS, by Mid Dec there is no "cold" air in the Continental US.  Practically the whole country is near or above normal.  Same for Southern Canada.  That is the worst news of the run for me. 

Yeah it is near or above normal almost everywhere my goodness

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Jesus Christ. We're already waxing poetic about previous storms from decades in the past? That is the ultimate sign the season is over. 

 

I've been watching snow fall for five days now. Am I to believe this is what a stillbirth looks like?

Just signs of Florida warmth coming 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I would never punt that early, though by then I'm conceding that the best time for snow (my opinion) has slipped away.

Ya that’s what I mean. It def can be very snowy afterward but if it’s mid January and winter hasn’t arrived it will “feel” like a bad season even you get a MECS in February or March. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...