Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,110
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Elarey7
    Newest Member
    Elarey7
    Joined

Central PA - Fall 2021


canderson
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I'll believe there's an 80 degree day in HBG in December when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

Its gotten into the mid 70's a lot so it would not be too far of a stretch but my comment was also for local temps.  Maybe MDT gets to 76 but some local therms hit 80.  All model talk at this point.  Not sure it matters if its 68 or 78.  All bad for snow.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its gotten into the mid 70's a lot so it would not be too far of a stretch but my comment was also for local temps.  Maybe MDT gets to 76 but some local therms hit 80.  All model talk at this point.  Not sure it matters if its 68 or 78.  All bad for snow.  

Just remember, even 76 at MDT would be an all-time December record. The odds are against it, but the odds were also against what happened in the Pacific Northwest in June.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Superstorm said:

For those old enough, this is feeling like an 80s winter. Growing up as a kid sucked snow wise in the 80s


.

I was going to post something similar- I think expectations might need to be adjusted or some are going to be left feeling quite frustrated.

I agree with what Blizz said last night- it might not be much but it's nice seeing flakes flying on multiple days in this little stretch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was going to post something similar- I think expectations might need to be adjusted or some are going to be left feeling quite frustrated.

I agree with what Blizz said last night- it might not be much but it's nice seeing flakes flying on multiple days in this little stretch.

I'm going to do a JI and please ban me then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was going to post something similar- I think expectations might need to be adjusted or some are going to be left feeling quite frustrated.

I agree with what Blizz said last night- it might not be much but it's nice seeing flakes flying on multiple days in this little stretch.

I would figure it’s difficult to impossible for a lot of posters on these boards (myself included) to set low expectations regarding winter. Even if you understand how the ENSO stuff works, even if you concede that climate change will make our winters progressively less cold and snowy, there’s still a hope that a particular winter will defy the odds, and occasionally they do, and that’s why we stick with this hobby. It’s like a slot machine giving you a small win every once in awhile to keep you coming back.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I would figure it’s difficult to impossible for a lot of posters on these boards (myself included) to set low expectations regarding winter. Even if you understand how the ENSO stuff works, even if you concede that climate change will make our winters progressively less cold and snowy, there’s still a hope that a particular winter will defy the odds, and occasionally they do, and that’s why we stick with this hobby. It’s like a slot machine giving you a small win every once in awhile to keep you coming back.

 

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

You can't punt winter until mid January IMO. 

To be 100% clear, I am in no way punting winter. That's plain foolishness to do in November! 

My point was that signs indicate a sub-standard season in the snow department. If anyone is expecting a banner winter they might want to lower expectations a little.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

 

To be 100% clear, I am in no way punting winter. That's plain foolishness to do in November! 

My point was that signs indicate a sub-standard season in the snow department. If anyone is expecting a banner winter they might want to lower expectations a little.

I'm expecting a banner year and not lowering right now. :mellow:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice mood flakes here.  I've had various parts of the morning where I was under heavier radar returns and nothing was falling and then no returns where nice light snow was falling, that is to say, we are entering winter radar season!  Yes, I know the lower levels need to moisten up but still, dissecting winter radar is always fun, particularly when you live in the Bermuda Triangle of radar returns like we do around here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...