• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York- Meteorological Fall

50 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I would love it! But my wife has made it pretty clear if we move outside of the Syracuse area, it will NOT be another location in New York state. Ha. There are several reasons for that...

I mean reading your comment on here l, let’s just say your input and wit are great for this forum…then again it would be nice to have a really good old fashioned winter again…what am I saying, I know a great real state agent in Green Bay…

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I mean reading your comment on here l, let’s just say your input and wit are great for this forum…then again it would be nice to have a really good old fashioned winter again…what am I saying, I know a great real state agent in Green Bay…

Aw, thanks. I know my frustrations and cynicism can be a downer to some, so I appreciate your remarks. I just had a colleague yesterday say she didn't know how to take my humor at first, but she now loves my dry sense of humor. I get it from my dad...

Maybe I'll stay another year or two just to ruin winter for you. Buffalowx and Syrmax will love that for their warm pools...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Did some snow searching for Baldwinsville and found a couple pictures from February 2015. These pics show more of what I was envisioning for a normal winter here...which I think is the case?

-39c2a2948ae77d4f.jpg

-869a2b2fbb9adfcd.jpg

3 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Did some snow searching for Baldwinsville and found a couple pictures from February 2015. These pics show more of what I was envisioning for a normal winter here...which I think is the case?

-39c2a2948ae77d4f.jpg

-869a2b2fbb9adfcd.jpg

Feb 15 was actually quite the anamoly. Coldest month ever in Syracuse. We got snow pretty much every day and at one point had over 25 inch snowpack for weeks. Quite memorable and cold 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, champy said:

Feb 15 was actually quite the anamoly. Coldest month ever in Syracuse. We got snow pretty much every day and at one point had over 25 inch snowpack for weeks. Quite memorable and cold 

That month has been talked about on here as a very cold month. I have found many winters though where there was several feet on the ground for several consecutive weeks, like we see in those pictures. Even the past couple of "meh" winters have had some decent snowcover for a bit. But definitely more grass showing for longer periods than what is probably normal for these parts.

2 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

@BuffaloWeathergoing out at sunrise for a couple hours… where should I setup?  Was thinking somewhere different like Evangola Beach or Sturgeon Point Marina.  But Hamburg Beach would have a good view also.  

483058AF-2CC6-4229-A5BB-805575A644D0.jpeg

Either one of those places would work. Waterspout chasing?

13 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

That isn't the best Heading for a chart. "What" is less than 50 degrees? The low for each day? Considering we haven't had highs anywhere near being that low and I highly doubt Watertown has that many "low highs" that is what I will conclude. 

Yeah its what it says there has been 1 day that got below 50 degrees.

9 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Either one of those places would work. Waterspout chasing?

Might have saw one funnel drop a bit but otherwise nadda this morning.  Still a nice time walking the beach at Sturgeon Point.  This was interesting… wonder if you can reserve this to ride out a winter wind storm. That would be wild! lol.

B743798A-E2D2-42BC-8B15-89F6A0C1E493.jpeg

• Like 3

Guys, gut thoughts on the upcoming season? I’ve seen some fairly pessimistic guidance over the last couple weeks and also some ok stuff. I’m hopeful but it’s just based on anecdotal lifetime experience. We’ve now endured three tepid winters and I feel like that cycle has run its course. 
I’m hoping on some prolonged cold and some solid LES. It would be nice to not be in the 50’s on Christmas! 
Can we avoid the dreaded SE ridge? Will November and April steal the cold? Will we only have one good month like last year? Or can pull out a freezer like early 2000’s? 
I, for one, think we are overdue for a blockbuster storm! A crippler! 
Lay down your predictions! 

3 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Guys, gut thoughts on the upcoming season? I’ve seen some fairly pessimistic guidance over the last couple weeks and also some ok stuff. I’m hopeful but it’s just based on anecdotal lifetime experience. We’ve now endured three tepid winters and I feel like that cycle has run its course. 
I’m hoping on some prolonged cold and some solid LES. It would be nice to not be in the 50’s on Christmas! 
Can we avoid the dreaded SE ridge? Will November and April steal the cold? Will we only have one good month like last year? Or can pull out a freezer like early 2000’s? 
I, for one, think we are overdue for a blockbuster storm! A crippler! 
Lay down your predictions! 

I think it’s a front loaded winter based in the current state of LaNina, the already weakened PV and colder waters off Newfoundland. The caveat is the pac is still a bit hostile and may slow any real prolonged cold spells. I think we average near normal snowfall due in large part to mid November and December bring above average in snowfall and BN temps. January is a transition month and I believe February is AN temps BN snowfall 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I think it’s a front loaded winter based in the current state of LaNina, the already weakened PV and colder waters off Newfoundland. The caveat is the pac is still a bit hostile and may slow any real prolonged cold spells. I think we average near normal snowfall due in large part to mid November and December bring above average in snowfall and BN temps. January is a transition month and I believe February is AN temps BN snowfall 

Sounds good. I have ski plans in February but it’s up at Stowe, which is pretty far Northern Vermont. They do pretty well even in mild winters. Also expect to be out west at least once- either Jackson or Wasatch. Both? Lol

• Like 2

It's been nothing but a monsoon here in Hannibal all morning and just had some pea sized hail come down for a couple minutes, my yard and everyone else yard look like small lakes. I can't remember a lake effect rain band hanging over us this long. It's just plain raw out today. Windy the temp is at 50 crazy. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Revracer800 said:

It's been nothing but a monsoon here in Hannibal all morning and just had some pea sized hail come down for a couple minutes, my yard and everyone else yard look like small lakes. I can't remember a lake effect rain band hanging over us this long. It's just plain raw out today. Windy the temp is at 50 crazy. 

Yup, just kills me....knowing how much snow this persistent band could have been....

• Haha 1