• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Glad you scored.  I took a chance and was enthusiastic for you but was looking at radar on a mobile phone so did not look hard and close.

Pretty much a flush hit. There was no mention of rain at all for today from CTP, so I wasn't even looking at radar until I saw your post. Appreciated the heads up. :) 

• Like 1

Finally had a decent storm. Heaviest just missed Tamaqua, but still, according to the wife, the best one all year. I drove through the worst of it and had some hail pinging the Jeep. Not exactly the sound you want to hear when you just bought it a week ago. It sure was a blinding rain with muddy road flooding, though. Got 0.51" in short order in my gauge.

• Like 2

Just now, Voyager said:

Finally had a decent storm. Heaviest just missed Tamaqua, bit still, according to the wife, the best one all year. I drove through the worst of it and had some hail pinging the Jeep. Not exactly the sound you want to hear when you just bought it a week ago. It sure was a blinding rain with muddy road flooding, though. Got 0.51" in short order in my gauge.

Thankfully most hail here is too small to dent cars (or destroy roofs). My parents get a new roof every 4-5 years because baseball to softball sized hail lol. That stuff HURTS when it hits you, trust me.  

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

Thankfully most hail here is too small to dent cars (or destroy roofs). My parents get a new roof every 4-5 years because baseball to softball sized hail lol. That stuff HURTS when it hits you, trust me.  

I would like to experience that just once…. from a slight distance!

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'll bet it does. Thankfully, it's rare to get large hail here. We did have golf to tennis ball sized hail back in 2011, though. Here's a pic from my backyard...

FB_IMG_1625265081815.jpg

25 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I'll bet it does. Thankfully, it's rare to get large hail here. We did have golf to tennis ball sized hail back in 2011, though. Here's a pic from my backyard...

FB_IMG_1625265081815.jpg

Largest I’ve seen since moving here was marble-sized. It won’t do much damage to anything other than crops (which is bad enough)  

Baseball is scary. Softball is almost as terrifying as being in a tornado -  the noise is deafening.  

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wonder how rare that is for July.  I know its not common but a once in a 10 year thing or one in 50. 

I would imagine actually occurring in that region in July would be extremely rare. Being shown on the GFS, maybe not quite as rare.