• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

65/53 at 11am in the ‘burgh. I know you guys are a bit warmer than that but still good enough for July.

Op GFS gives the 'Cane the Fidel treatment and declares it minimal. 

(Edit, noticed a post on Trop board that said the Init. was way too low and the actual Ob's will not be ingested until the 18Z run) 

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Those 40s get pretty close to me. But that ridge is going to swallow us up before it’s all said and done.

All of this stuff is highly dependent on Elsa as well.    If Elsa came into Central PA there are no 40's.    There is nothing to say the ridge does not stay just far enough away to keep this interesting (and wet). 

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

CMC's run of Elsa into the Atlantic does a good job of beating down the ridge.   She does not help us with rain but does damage to the High. 

I don’t see much I don’t like in these model runs, to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If one is not looking forward to a house blasting Cat 3 or above, we have a our next path to nice weather after a few days of heat. 

That’s all we can ask for: another path to some more days like these (though I did narrowly escape a nice rain shower while walking the dog at lunchtime).

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Better look on my iPhone 

Much sleeker on the iPhone. Plus the added bonus that there’s no longer a big blaring “AMERICAN WEATHER” banner at the top so if and when I’m back in an office it won’t be obvious that I’m spending time on weather forums while I’m on the clock.

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Much sleeker on the iPhone. Plus the added bonus that there’s no longer a big blaring “AMERICAN WEATHER” banner at the top so if and when I’m back in an office it won’t be obvious that I’m spending time on weather forums while I’m on the clock.

7 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Better look on my iPhone 

I was viewing on desktop, but you're right. Much better look on mobile. 

5 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I mean - that might have briefly entered my mind...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was viewing on desktop, but you're right. Much better look on mobile. 

I mean - that might have briefly entered my mind...

Not that it matters much from my standpoint. I get just as much done at work now as I did before I discovered the existence of weather forums. But the logo will be back, it’s just white on a white background.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Hmm. Sun is out here...but dark clouds looming to my NW. 

Sky looks very similar to Wednesday evening when I was convinced I was getting a storm...and didn't. 

Glad you scored.  I took a chance and was enthusiastic for you but was looking at radar on a mobile phone so did not look hard and close.