e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Potential - Part 4

am19psu

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

honestly, i think the best route may be to route for the overunning to get stronger on each run. That would bring some lgt snow to the area on christmas

Before today's 12z runs, I was thinking about where we were over the weekend. We were rooting for the bowling ball solution to put down a few inches in the Christmas Eve/Christmas Day time frame. Then the Euro started teasing us with the wound up phased idea and we got greedy. It was sort of like "Let Make a Deal". We had the years supply of Rice-A-Roni in our hand, but we wanted what was behind door #3 instead.

So maybe it's back to square one and the overrunning idea pans out.

You know, perhaps this is the Euro being just like it was for the 12/19 event, only the opposite? It showed nothing for like 6 straight runs, then trended very favorably at 00z, then crushed us at 12z, then went way out to sea again at 00z.

Perhaps this time, it'll be a blizzard for 6 straight runs, and unfavorable trend at 00z, nothing at 12z, then back to a blizzard for 00z. :whistle:

Lol at this logic.

You know, perhaps this is the Euro being just like it was for the 12/19 event, only the opposite? It showed nothing for like 6 straight runs, then trended very favorably at 00z, then crushed us at 12z, then went way out to sea again at 00z.

Perhaps this time, it'll be a blizzard for 6 straight runs, and unfavorable trend at 00z, nothing at 12z, then back to a blizzard for 00z. :whistle:

Lol at this logic.

we have until 12z tomorrow for things to correct themselves...after that point whatever is going to happen should be pretty locked in if it isn't already. I feel like I'm playing the bottle carnival game where you have to toss a ring around the neck. You could throw it 500 times and not get a single one....I would say are chances right now are pretty close to that.

You can get an inexpensive antenna and pick them up in HD... though I hear 6abc is very difficult to pick up on antenna since the DTV transition.

When I lived in the Trenton area I found the NYC station forecasts to be very unhelpful for anything outside of NYC. We always watched the Philly stations for forecast info. They are A LOT better these days than when I was growing up.

Yes Glenn is very good and also Kathy Orr.

Coal in our stockings this year.

I'm too lazy to look... anything non-boring on the 384-hr GFS or should we all take a 2-week break?

Nice quote under the avatar!

In any case, given the way things are going this year, any threats should hide themselves until we're within 72 hours before showing up. Otherwise they'll never make it.

Sounds like the Euro ensembles basically haven't budged in days.

But the problem is what Earthlight alluded to. Yes the ensemble mean has the low over the BM but the key is how does it get there. In this case it gets there by swinging way OTS and then turning due north so basically everything misses everybody except those out towards Montauk.

Archived