joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Potential - Part 4

am19psu

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is bitching about the NAM because its solution looks earily similar to last weeks swing and a miss...but you really can't compare one or two runs last week showing a hit with this system. The GFS had a hit for a few runs and then jumped way out south east. Nobody seems to remember the bowling ball scenario it advertised for days before trending towards a miller A type scenario. The EC has been fairly consistent for many runs now and if a total miss verified it would be a much bigger fail. With that being said...we have known all along that the euro has been on the western strong side of things for days and rarely do the outliers verify. I trully think however considering the GFS ensembles are continuing to shift west that a track west of its 06z op run is a good way to go. I also think considering the strength of the system and proximity to the coast as shown on the 00z EC that QPF from PHI northward was underdone.

The gradient on this storm is going to cause much consternation

As with all storms of this magnitude, heavy snow to nearly no snow within 60 miles. My WAG would be a final track that will come in just inside of the benchmark. OP models aside, that is where all the ensemble noise is pointing toward. Happy Holidays Everyone!

Could end up that way. Was thinking it reminded me of the Feb '96 storm (the 1st of 2 that month) where the big cities got a 6-10" storm but the coast got hammered, particuarly AC and down the delmarva. Many coastal locales did much better than the Jan blizzard where they changed to rain. Out at State college we got nada.

Wouldn't surprise me if Reading PA sees nothing and Trenton's got 6"+ or Trenton gets nothing and Toms River gets 6"+ -- Millennium storm II?

As with all storms of this magnitude, heavy snow to nearly no snow within 60 miles. My WAG would be a final track that will come in just inside of the benchmark. OP models aside, that is where all the ensemble noise is pointing toward. Happy Holidays Everyone!

Me neither. Millennium storm keeps on coming up as number 1 on the CIPs hit list. Merry Christmas!

If you could shift that track about another 50 miles west...thanks in advance!

I know this is weenie-ish...but how often do we get storms of this magnitude that track just inside the benchmark that don't manage to get sig precip back to i-95 and slightly west?

I bet it happens more often than you think especially in Miller B type of scenarios. This could be that case where the low tracks OTS are a fairly southerly point and then gets captured and moves dead N over the BM which would miss DC-PHL and only really graze NYC.

I know this is weenie-ish...but how often do we get storms of this magnitude that track just inside the benchmark that don't manage to get sig precip back to i-95 and slightly west?

Archived