Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Potential - Part 4

am19psu

:axe:

If the Euro shifts east again today, we're in serious trouble, probably the same for most locales west of the outer Cape. The whole trough just looks broad, sheared out and weak until it's past us and it's over.

I've got to say, the past 2 weeks has been the most annoying, frustrating model tracking I've ever weathered. Honestly even in the La Nina winter of 2007-08, I don't recall this much model waffling, but maybe that's just because we started tracking these threats from day 8.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say..this last week has been a total waste of my time..I think I should face facts that this is a strong Nina..and this winter will probably suck..listen it's gonna snow this winter..but I think to save myself stress and wait maybe 48 hours away..and maybe take a rest from this board..I need some sleep!

I agree to a point..been following this storm since Sunday and I am hoping the Euro just didn't lead everyone down the primrose path only to lead to disappointment..With that said it has been on its own showing big hit so anyone believing that all along and disregarding other models will be more disappointed then everyone else if this storm doesn't at least give a little snow..

Once again people that wanna jump off the bridge due to the gfs are not thinking clearly because the gfs is known for not being too good with southern stream events and the euro is much better than it. Id appreciate some met support here but the gfs and nam have in the past when the euro showed an east coast storm as it got closer to the event the gfs trended to it which is what its done lately. Correct?

Only it isn't just the GFS. Euro is the only one with any real hope (others have fleeting hope), and it trended the wrong way last night. Coupled with the fact most mets and experts have already said over the past few days a major storm would go against all logic due to nina, expect the worse.

Only it isn't just the GFS. Euro is the only one with any real hope (others have fleeting hope), and it trended the wrong way last night. Coupled with the fact most mets and experts have already said over the past few days a major storm would go against all logic due to nina, expect the worse.

I'm pretty sure only the weeniest of people were buying the Euro runs verbatim, with a foot plus from RDU-PWM. DCA-LGA was always the corridor with biggest chance to be screwed because of the reliance on the timing of the phase to bring the surface low back west.

I've got to say, the past 2 weeks has been the most annoying, frustrating model tracking I've ever weathered. Honestly even in the La Nina winter of 2007-08, I don't recall this much model waffling, but maybe that's just because we started tracking these threats from day 8.

I keep telling myself not to take models serious until 72 hrs and within..of course those Full blown Blizzards the Euro has been showing for the past few days makes it hard to ignore the model runs until u get within 3 days..If this storm misses I wont make that mistake agin..

I'm pretty sure only the weeniest of people were buying the Euro runs verbatim, with a foot plus from RDU-PWM. DCA-LGA was always the corridor with biggest chance to be screwed because of the reliance on the timing of the phase to bring the surface low back west.

Well, agreed, but at the same time board usage only spiked to all time records because the Euro showed a bomb :)

As I pointed out in a previous thread, if it weren't for the ECMWF, the forecasts would be for this to slide out to sea rather harmlessly and nobody would think twice.

Pretty much since Tues aside from the GGEM 3 runs - all other guidance was out to sea.

Cue up the weenie phrases now....."Its still 72 hrs away", "The Euro is King", "The GFS is garbage"

I take a lot of my cues from the red taggers here. They are generally very conservative for obvious reasons but will get bullish when things look right........I haven't seen a real bullish post by hardly any of them in the past 48 hrs.

Nail in the coffin comes in T-minus 100 minutes give or take

Cue up the weenie phrases now....."Its still 72 hrs away", "The Euro is King", "The GFS is garbage"

I take a lot of my cues from the red taggers here. They are generally very conservative for obvious reasons but will get bullish when things look right........I haven't seen a real bullish post by hardly any of them in the past 48 hrs.

You will know if the 12z GFS is garbage when the ensembles come in.

Well, one positive we can take from this...we now see the trend that's setting up for the season. Also, better to have guidance lose this all in one shot like now than at the last second. It sucks but what can we do? Someone take a boat out to the ENSO region and drop a few million gallons of boiling water?

I honestly just want to see it go 150 miles east, just end this now so I can start sleeping and not waking up early and what not......I don't expect it will do that though but it will likely go east again, even if its slightly.

Bottom line here is this - don't rely on models 3+ days i

out... Extreme solutions 4-5 days out withe shaky support will usually fail.. If you want to stay sane just deal with trying to forecast 3 to perhaps 4 days out.. Anything beyond that is just unrealistic...

Agree, or if you like bridge jumping ,buy what their showing the 4-5 days out.

Archived