e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Potential - Part 4

am19psu

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, I figured I would say this much before I take a few days off for the holidays. It's been great tracking the past few potential systems with all of you guys. This thread gets a bit of a bad rep but I think it has improved dramatically over the past year or so; and it has been a real treat watching all of the model guidance and analyzing the synoptic evolution of this pattern with everybody in these threads and subforum. You guys should be real proud of yourselves as most of you have come a long way. Also a shout out to all of the moderators who have helped keep everything clean and flowing well in the active periods. Wishing everybody here a blessed holiday with plenty of snow in the future. :snowman:

By the way, I figured I would say this much before I take a few days off for the holidays. It's been great tracking the past few potential systems with all of you guys. This thread gets a bit of a bad rep but I think it has improved dramatically over the past year or so; and it has been a real treat watching all of the model guidance and analyzing the synoptic evolution of this pattern with everybody in these threads and subforum. You guys should be real proud of yourselves as most of you have come a long way. Also a shout out to all of the moderators who have helped keep everything clean and flowing well in the active periods. Wishing everybody here a blessed holiday with plenty of snow in the future. :snowman:

Thanks for all your great analysis earthlight. Wishing a wonderful holiday season!

Thanks, John! I hope you have a wonderful xmas and new years too! All those late nights of tracking and analysis definitely were not wasted, as tracking is 50% of the fun. I've always thought the actual storm is a letdown even if it does happen (unless its a megastorm of long duration like Jan 96)-- because the end is on the horizon.

Well said John. Even though it's frustrating if we don't get the result we wanted, but it's certainly been fun nonetheless. I also think we do pretty well here in the NYC thread. Sure, there are some off posts occasionally, but every region has those. We've got a great group of people and posters in here.

Merry Christmas to everyone in the tristate area and let's all try to enjoy the holidays with or without snow.

Have a great holiday John! It's been fun and definitely a lot of laughs in the process.

I know. I just wish that the 4 day old ECMWF maps would come true. :(

Its been deleted...please don't post old maps unless you are providing analysis...would be very confusing to someone at work just logging on and bactracking through the thread. Feel free to post it in one of the OT disappointment threads in the Off Topic forum.

This is done for folks. If 0Z Models support 12Z, then I'm throwing in the towel for this storm.

Mt. Holly gave up on the storm.

.LONG TERM /SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY/...

-- Changed Discussion --IT WOULD APPEAR AS THOUGH THE THREAT FOR SUNDAY NIGHT INTO MONDAY

CONTINUES TO DWINDLE...AS THE LAST HOLDOUT FOR A SIGNIFICANT WINTER

STORM HAS JOINED THE MODEL CONSENSUS THIS AFTERNOON.

THE 1200 UTC ECMWF RUN HAS JOINED THE MODEL CONSENSUS THIS AFTERNOON

IN ALLOWING THE MID LEVEL PHASING TO OCCUR TOO LATE FOR MUCH OF AN

IMPACT WITH REGARD TO SNOW FOR THE FORECAST AREA. AT THIS POINT...A

CHANCE OF SNOW WILL BE RETAINED FOR SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING

FOR AT LEAST A PART OF THE AREA. THIS COULD BE DUE TO A BRUSH WITH

THE OFFSHORE SYSTEM (LESS LIKELY...ALTHOUGH THIS IS HINTED AT BY THE

1200 UTC GFS/ECMWF) OR THE PASSAGE OF THE CLOSED MID LEVEL SYSTEM (A

BIT MORE LIKELY).

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=PHI&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

I was just thinking about this past decade and its truly amazing how we've been so spoiled. 10 years and 10 12"+ events. December 2000, February 2003, December 2003, January 2005, February 2006, March 2009, December 2009, February 2010 6th, February 2010 10th, February 2010 25th-26th. What's the normal around here - a 12" storm every 4 years or so? We've seen one on average every single year since 2000, at least in my area.

Who knows, if this threat doesn't produce, we may have better luck getting snow w/ moderating temps. At least then we'll probably see the gradient move north w/ overrunning.

Archived