Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:
From KBGM...this is completely unacceptable:

Anomalously cool air will continue to advect into the region ahead of Canadian high pressure Friday evening. A mostly clear sky and very dry air mass will promote radiational cooling as well, especially in sheltered valleys where winds will decouple.
This will start the weekend off with near record daily lows in the mid 40s to lower 50s by dawn. Despite a good amount of sun Saturday, the cool air mass will only warm into the upper 60s to mid 70s for highs. Clouds will start to increase in the afternoon, especially in Central New York; associated with warm air advection aloft.

Looks like my AC will get a rest. It actually fell to 53 here last night and we still haven’t hit 70 as of 10 AM. 

• Like 1

NWS trended a little cooler once again, today went from upper 70s to low 70s, tomorrow trending downward into the mid 60s and now upper 60s through Monday..We start to warm back into the mid 70s by mid week..It's hard for us to drop that low at night given the lake and all lol At least for this time of year..

7 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Florida? Lol

My sister in law lives down in Orlando and she went on a family vacation to Maine, she basically wore a winter jacket when temps were in the 60s lol

Yep Florida for sure. Going to Orlando to take the kids to Disney in late September. Hopefully no hurricanes mess up our plans. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Florida? Lol

My sister in law lives down in Orlando and she went on a family vacation to Maine, she basically wore a winter jacket when temps were in the 60s lol

I wish but have to take care of my mom. The only part of winter I like is lake effect snow, I'm a sun worshiper. It gives me energy. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

You moving to Springville?  Talk about Climate Change...not sure the local snow lovers will enjoy that.  ;)

Oh look, it's raining again. Weak sauce though.

I was going to say that...no, I am not though. Ha!

Looks like the warmup comes back to the Cuse with my arrival back on Sunday night. 

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

I was going to say that...no, I am not though. Ha!

Looks like the warmup comes back to the Cuse with my arrival back on Sunday night. 

Thank the ManyFacedGods you will be back soon. Without the Sizzle my pool temp is dropping hour for hour...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

July temps

BUF: 0

ROC: -2.2

WAT: -0.9

Quite shocked Buffalo is at 0 after having one of the rainiest Julys on record. 

Sizzlercuse is +1.5 for the month. LOL (Still not sure about that, as I am convinced the sensor has been off...hard to know with the sizzle effect)

• Haha 1

Upon looking at data, the past 1.5 years Syracuse has had well above average temperature monthly recordings. Many months have been 3 to 6 degrees warmer than average, while any (like 2) that are below average are like less than a degree below normal. While, the past 2 years have certainly been WARMER than normal, I continue to question the data.

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Upon looking at data, the past 1.5 years Syracuse has had well above average temperature monthly recordings. Many months have been 3 to 6 degrees warmer than average, while any (like 2) that are below average are like less than a degree below normal. While, the past 2 years have certainly been WARMER than normal, I continue to question the data.

Did you hear back from the NWS? What did they say?

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Did you hear back from the NWS? What did they say?

They replied back and said they noticed something wrong too and were going to check on it. Nothing else after that. I see on the records for one day in July they marked "M" for the high. So, they questioned it for one day? Haha... Of course that's an assumption. I haven't seen any public information about any issues they saw.

13 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Today was definitely "pourly" forecasted and modelled.. Most SR guidance had nada here but nearing 0.40" liquid and rates nearing an inch an hour..

yeah was thinking same...

Raise your hand if you had "all day rain" and coolish temps in the 60s in your forecast for Thursday.

• Haha 2