• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

We're extremely close to finishing out this August as the warmest on record in Buffalo.  If it happens, 3 of the warmest on record will have been recorded in just the past 5 years.

17B21E2B-B353-408C-872A-41EB314897DC.jpeg

Amazing. The warm lake should help keep our temps up the next few days. Currently 77 degrees and still high dew point after the “cold front” passed this afternoon.  With temps ranging from about 75 to 84 here since last midnight we should be in good shape to break the record. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

Nooooooooow I know why you want that "warm" Fall until November. Keep those lakes toasty so you and @Syrmax can go skinny dipping in then AND chase heavy lake effect snowfalls....all in the same day...in November....

I really need to do this. I remember people surfing back in Nov 2014 while feet of snow were happening inland.

Santa surfs in Lake Erie | Multimedia | buffalonews.com

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

It didn't feel that warm today but was still 83/71 which is 9 degrees above normal. I think we have a good chance to break the all time August record tomorrow. Normal right now is 77/60, cooler than I thought it would be. We've had such warm August recently that I forgot what normal is.

I have also noticed myself acclimating to the hot weather of late.  I’m still ready for cooler weather, though!

• Like 1

We are going to finish this month above average in rainfall at 5.70", it could of been worse if we didn't miss the bulk of Fred just to the south..Last month we finished with 11.44", so just over 17" the last two months.. Luckily we will dodge a bullet with ida which has the potential to dump 4"-8" over portions of PA/NJ/NYC/SE NY and SNE..We haven't even reached the "rainy season" yet as according to NOAA 3 out of the 4 wettest months for pulaski are Oct/Nov and December, obviously hoping December is more white than wet lol

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

We are going to finish this month above average in rainfall at 5.70", it could of been worse if we didn't miss the bulk of Fred just to the south..Last month we finished with 11.44", so just over 17" the last two months.. Luckily we will dodge a bullet with ida which has the potential to dump 4"-8" over portions of PA/NJ/NYC/SE NY and SNE..We haven't even made it to the"rainy season" yet as according to NOAA 3 out of the 4 wettest months for pulaski are Oct/Nov and December, obviously hoping December is more white than wet lol

Oct-Jan are the wettest months right? I feel like that's the case for all of Upstate with the colder air over the lakes. 

• Like 1

For the most part Yes, especially east of Ontario..But it depends on location.. For example Syracuse airport wettest month is OCT but the next 5 are summer and spring months, complete opposite of eastern Ontario region.. Obviously N/NW flow tends to have less liquid and higher ratios which explains some of it..But yeah we tend to get more organized rain systems and LER once fall sets in..

This is pretty much my go to site these days lol

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/us-climate-normals/

21 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

For the most part Yes, especially east of Ontario..But it depends on location.. For example Syracuse airport wettest month is OCT but the next 5 are summer and spring months, complete opposite of eastern Ontario region.. Obviously N/NW flow tends to have less liquid and higher ratios which explains some of it..But yeah we tend to get more organized rain systems and LER once fall sets in..

This is pretty much my go to site these days lol

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/us-climate-normals/

I have to think Buf wettest are Oct-January. Definitely not the summer months with the lake shadow. 

• Like 2

Mainly dry weather is then expected to continue through the
remainder of the period as high pressure remains in control. A
secondary (dry) cold front will push south through the area on
Thursday, bringing a reinforcing shot of even cooler and drier air
(refreshing) to our region. Cool enough that it may even give the
feel of a little taste of early fall. A weak, moisture starved warm
front will approach/move into the area Friday night bringing
slightly warmer and more humid air back in across the area.

Otherwise, daytime highs Thursday and Friday will generally range
from the upper 60s across the higher terrain to the lower and mid
70s elsewhere. Temperatures Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night
will be very comfortable with lows generally ranging from the upper
40s to the lower 50s, with some mid 50s closer to the lake
shores.
Saturday will probably remain rain-free with a mid level ridge axis
across our area forecast to move eastward across New England. After
this, it will be a relatively cool and showery pattern with model
consensus digging an upper level trough across the lower Great Lakes
Sunday through Tuesday. This will support a series of weak systems
which will move through the area. Also, the air aloft will be cool
enough (around +10C) to support some lake enhancement at times.
Raised model PoPs in lake enhanced regions, with the most widespread
showers (and possibly a thunderstorm) expected to be during the
afternoon hours on Sunday and Monday. High temperatures will be in
the 70s on Saturday and then will range from the upper 60s to mid
70s Sunday through Tuesday.

prateptype.us_ne (18).png