• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

What do you guys think of this?

Most stadiums that are built are part owner, part taxpayers .. Jerry Jones paid for like 60% of Dallas stadium for example..

Bills are trying for taxpayers to pay all according to this article..

Buffalo Bills reportedly eyeing move to Austin, TX

Buffalo Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula are looking for a public-funded stadium

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/sports/bills-reportedly-eyeing-move.amp

46 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I don't believe municipal bonds are possible for a city like Buffalo. The stadium will be 50% tax payer money and the rest private if I had to guess. There is 0% chance they leave Buffalo. Its the first step in the negotiation process. 

Completely agree. My guess is someone at the state level is leaking crap to the press to sway public opinion.

21 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

What do you guys think of this?

Most stadiums that are built are part owner, part taxpayers .. Jerry Jones paid for like 60% of Dallas stadium for example..

Bills are trying for taxpayers to pay all according to this article..

Buffalo Bills reportedly eyeing move to Austin, TX

Buffalo Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula are looking for a public-funded stadium

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/sports/bills-reportedly-eyeing-move.amp

Interesting. Sounds like another Owner-extortion trial balloon being floated...is that you Al Davis? 

Most of you don't follow soccer but a few years ago, one of MLS's premier teams, Columbus Crew, almost moved to Austin. The fan, and community, outrage was so intense that it caused the league and Owner (a d-bag...no surprise there) to change plans. MLS granted an expansion franchise (Austin FC) to the Owner (and hefty expansion fee), and they started playing this year.

The Crew were sold to a new Owner, i think a group headed by the Cleveland Browns football team Owner.  Columbus won the MLS title again last season and just moved into a brand new stadium, which replaced America's first soccer-only stadium...a trend that has exploded in the US since Columbus built the first US soccer-only venue (for pro soccer).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

We had a low of 55° overnight, already up to 74° but the forecasted high is only 77° hmmm..The weekend into next week"sizzle sizzle" continues to trend downward with mainly low-mid 80s instead of the upper 80s the NWS previously had...

Good. I happened to enjoy the humidity break for a change...

• Like 2

Even if the temps don't get that high the DPs will be..

Deep
southwesterly flow will then take hold to start the work week with
daytime highs surging into the mid and upper 80s, with some lower
90s not out of the question on Monday as heights aloft rise and 850
mb temps climb to the +18C to +20C range. Highs Tuesday will likely
be a few degrees cooler as the next upper impulse impacts our
region. Meanwhile surface dewpoints will also continue to increase
from the low to mid 60s over the weekend to around 70 for the first
part of next week, leading to an increasingly sultry if not
oppressive feel to our airmass.

14 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Looking at the GFS it's a week full of mid 80s starting Monday (probably more like upper 80s, low 90s) lol Relief doesn't arrive until the following week thanks to a cold front..(subject to change)

gfs_T2ma_us_54 (1).png

Let's change that CF to a Portland style Heat Ridge and get Sizzling for real! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Looking at the GFS it's a week full of mid 80s starting Monday (probably more like upper 80s, low 90s) lol Relief doesn't arrive until the following week thanks to a cold front..(subject to change)

gfs_T2ma_us_54 (1).png

The west has been hot for a long time. Has to be a record breaker out there. Ready for the inevitable switch from Nov-Mar.  

It's been driven by a record +PNA, check this out. Insane! This would be a great winter pattern for us. 

pna.sprd2.gif

• Like 3

Appearing more and more likely that Monday will be a very warm to
hot and humid day with a ~590dm ridge cresting over the area and
850Ts nearing +20C. Have some slight chance diurnally driven PoPs
currently in the forecast for Monday afternoon, however may end up
even being able to eventually trim these out as there will be strong
capping aloft if the timing of the upper ridge holds. Have highs
nearing 90 across the lower terrain south of Lake Ontario, but these
will also likely trend upward a few ticks if the this scenario comes
to fruition. Humidity levels also start to approach the `oppressive`
category with dew points solidly in the upper 60s to around 70 to
start the work week. Will see temperatures potentially getting
knocked back just a little for Tuesday and Wednesday as a couple
shortwave disturbances try to knock back the ridge a little and also
possibly trigger some rounds of convection. Despite daytime highs
Tuesday and Wednesday just a bit lower than Monday, dew points will
likely be in the low 70s across a good chunk of the area, with upper
60s dew point readings only found across the higher terrain. This
will mean very warm and sultry conditions persisting through mid
week, with uncomfortable sleeping weather continuing for the
overnight periods.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

At least no widespread 90s as of now lol

More sizzle sizzle to come..

610temp.new (26).gif

814temp.new (29).gif

That's my kind of map. I leave for out west in 13 days so want to enjoy the last little bit of summer. Hopefully we get a warm September, its been pretty standard to get those last few years. Been a long time since below normal Sep. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

At least no widespread 90s as of now lol

More sizzle sizzle to come..

610temp.new (26).gif

814temp.new (29).gif

These seem like such the standard maps anymore... especially as we get into Fall. :thumbsdown:

I see Syracuse is doing it's normal run at trying to be hotter than most on the east coast today. This time Buffalo and Niagara Falls are joining along.

I really am shocked at how many days this summer have been hotter here than in the deep south. Does latitude matter anymore?

54 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

These seem like such the standard maps anymore... especially as we get into Fall. :thumbsdown:

I see Syracuse is doing it's normal run at trying to be hotter than most on the east coast today. This time Buffalo and Niagara Falls are joining along.

I really am shocked at how many days this summer have been hotter here than in the deep south. Does latitude matter anymore?

I have the feeling we will be seeing below average on last week of August into September so we should be ok. 

Based on this analysis, Syracuse can potentially get up to 6.1 degrees warmer on average than its less-developed surroundings because of its urban heat island status.

This index was calculated based on four main factors: albedo (reflectivity of surfaces), how much green space is present, the population and height of buildings in the city.

In other words, the more non-reflective surfaces such as parking lots and roadways and the less greenery there is to act as shade, the warmer the temperature will be.

2021UHI_TempProfile_en_title_lg.jpeg

2021UHI_Intensity_syracuse_en_title_lg (1).jpeg

34 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Based on this analysis, Syracuse can potentially get up to 6.1 degrees warmer on average than its less-developed surroundings because of its urban heat island status.

This index was calculated based on four main factors: albedo (reflectivity of surfaces), how much green space is present, the population and height of buildings in the city.

In other words, the more non-reflective surfaces such as parking lots and roadways and the less greenery there is to act as shade, the warmer the temperature will be.

2021UHI_TempProfile_en_title_lg.jpeg

2021UHI_Intensity_syracuse_en_title_lg (1).jpeg

Or maybe matt is his own UHI? Lol

Both bville stations on the ambient network coming in at 84°-85°while the DT stations are around 80°-82° lol

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Or maybe matt is his own UHI? Lol

Both bville stations on the ambient network coming in at 84°-85°while the DT stations are around 80°-82° lol

Haha! That one on the northern edge of Bville is ALWAYS warmest...they must use the same sensor SYR uses. Bville has some pretty open South-facing hills, so it wouldn't surprise me if some of that affects it. The 2 Bville stations closest to me are reading 79 and 80 currently. Who knows... I think some of it is Mother Nature trolling me. :lmao:

I expect to see some glaciers when I go to glacier NP but most are gone, only 26 remain and some cannot be considered glaciers any longer. Either way I'll be seeing snow before ya'll this year. @TugHillMatt :P

https://www.nps.gov/glac/learn/nature/glaciersoverview.htm

At the end of the Little Ice Age around 1850, there were about 80 glaciers in what would eventually become Glacier National Park. In 2015, the last year with satellite imagery available, there were 26 named glaciers that met the size criteria of 0.1 km², nine fewer than in 1966. Of the 26 remaining in 2015, some may now already be too small to be considered glaciers. In addition to the roughly two dozen named glaciers that are monitored by the U.S. Geological Survey, the park also hosts several unnamed glaciers, about a dozen rock glaciers, and many snow fields.

• Sad 2