• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

That was the worst storm we’ve had in quite a while, at least in terms of wind. I have a red oak in my backyard that was planted about 2 years ago and is about 15 feet tall. It’s still staked but the wind snapped one of the tie offs and the tree was almost doubled over. Probably the worst storm since our hailstorm in 2017. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

First time I’ve seen this in summer 

JUST IN: A state of emergency and travel ban has been issued for all of Niagara County due to storms and flooding.
https://www.wkbw.com/weather/radar

The flooding up there is INSANE. Historic flooding up that way. Dozens and dozens of calls to my work which is in the Southtowns. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Anyone following that warehouse fire up by the Buffalo Airport.  Been burning for 4 hours now.  Company that makes PPE has storage there and guess has tons of nasty chemicals in the building burning.  

5D2A2CEF-8412-40A9-9B09-8D3E16CF8B5F.jpeg

What an insane day. Did you see the Lackawanna house explosion? Looked like a bomb went off. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Anyone following that warehouse fire up by the Buffalo Airport.  Been burning for 4 hours now.  Company that makes PPE has storage there and guess has tons of nasty chemicals in the building burning.  

That fire was right behind Stumpfs Gymnastics on Wherle Dr in Williamsville. The teams had to be evacuated around 5:30 and the fire was shooting 20 feet from the building. There were numerous hook and ladders all around the structure as we were no more than 200 yards from the fire. If that wasn’t incredible enough, I counted  3 planes fly right through the thick black smoke plume…very confused about that. Wondering why KBUF didn’t switch the flight pattern. 

16 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

So a warehouse full of N95 masks with declining demand catches fire and burns to the ground…

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

That fire was right behind Stumpfs Gymnastics on Wherle Dr in Williamsville. The teams had to be evacuated around 5:30 and the fire was shooting 20 feet from the building. There were numerous hook and ladders all around the structure as we were no more than 200 yards from the fire. If that wasn’t incredible enough, I counted  3 planes fly right through the thick black smoke plume…very confused about that. Wondering why KBUF didn’t switch the flight pattern. 

Surprised the pilots even tried landing through that…  little dangerous…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Impressive!

At 6:02 PM EDT, Lewiston [Niagara Co, NY] PUBLIC reports HAIL of tennis ball size (E2.50 INCH). CORRECTS PREVIOUS HAIL REPORT FROM LEWISTON. GOLF BALL TO TENNIS BALL SIZED HAIL REPORTED IN THE TOWN OF LEWISTON.

A4491395-1252-4145-A9C3-2BBC6744E9F5.jpeg

That has to be a record for WNY or close to it. I know the southern tier has gotten some really big severe storms with EF4 tornadoes but thats a big hailstone.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Impressive!

At 6:02 PM EDT, Lewiston [Niagara Co, NY] PUBLIC reports HAIL of tennis ball size (E2.50 INCH). CORRECTS PREVIOUS HAIL REPORT FROM LEWISTON. GOLF BALL TO TENNIS BALL SIZED HAIL REPORTED IN THE TOWN OF LEWISTON.

A4491395-1252-4145-A9C3-2BBC6744E9F5.jpeg

Hail that size must have caused a lot of damage. We had 1.5-1.75 inch hail in 2017 that caused $7,500 in damage to my wife’s and my car. I also needed to replace my roof and gutters on my house. I still have dents in my window frames. 

A potent shortwave and associated wing of warm advection will bring
the next likelihood for widespread showers to the region Saturday
night. This will be followed by another round of showers and
afternoon storms on Sunday out ahead of an approaching cold (cool)
front, with a few showers Sunday night as the front moves into
the area.

There may be a few lingering scattered showers on Monday as the
surface boundary finishes pushing through the area, while another
piece of weak shortwave energy aloft crosses over the region,
however much of the time should remain dry. Otherwise, despite our
region continuing to be under weak upper level troughing, surface
high pressure should provide mainly dry weather for Monday night and
Tuesday. Daytime highs will average in the upper 70s to low 80s all
three days, with some lowering of humidity levels for the start of
the new work week in the wake of the frontal passage.