• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

I'll have to see what the guidance looks like when it comes down to the contractors. 

The government isn't going to pay my bills if I tell someone to get vaccinated and they end up sick from it and sue me. The government also isn't going to pay my bills for testing and monitoring of employees who refuse to comply.

This is going to cost everyone billions of dollars and not save a single life.

Meh... we are all just molecules in a test tube of the gods, in this huge techno-sociological experiment.

Heh.  I love metaphors that make no sense to people.

Just saying that we are unwittingly doing this as a social experiment.  One that takes place, because it can - really.

It's an evolutionary step. Humanity simply couldn't do this in 1918-1920's Spanish Flu outbreak.  Hadn't yet evolved the wherewithal. In fact, we couldn't really do it as recently as 1967-1969's whatever that was ... We might have been able to do so in the 2003 and again, 2013 SARs but those 'pandemics' seem to fail before a pan-Global organized reaction could logistically be tested.

Which is what all this is.  I extolled the virtue of this 15 months ago ... but since people see my handle+any post and they tend to auto skip nowadays for whatever reason ( probably my fault ), no one either saw it, ... much less remembers.   But, this is the first time the entire sovereign membership of Humanity, all in their disparate causes, practices and principles, agreed on a course of action that did not require a WORLD WAR.  

It is, in essence, the first time we attempt life, instead of death, as a species.   Now that's an interesting study in anthropology, ... but, it really is one that is fundamentally made possible, almost entirely because of technology.  It is a direct example of how technology feeds-back on the tribe - so to speak. 

But, it is relavent to me here, because as Phin mentions, "dark turning point" - or words to that affect/effect, it's really not in my estimation about that 'darkness,' or dystopia ..it's more like it has to happen because of the experimental process.  This is all going to have positive ( advancements) and set backs in perception. And it may ultimately fail - yup.  That's true too.   When did any attempt at any scale of Humanity, great or small, succeed on the first try?   Yet, we risk failing with enough power to be ... well - heh, swift and complete in consequence. Leave it at that.

That's kind of a scary prospect but ... evolution is scary.  Because guess what ?   99.99 % of all species that emerged from primordial states to have a lease on this world, no longer exist.  So, usually, the experiments fail.   Let us hope history and statistics don't count this time.  LOL ( at least I think 'lol')

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Different. I don't work for Joe Biden (or whomever it is whispering in his ear telling him what to say).

That guy does have a bug in the ear. 

"Dont talk Joe"

"Just smile Joe"

"Say this and that Joe"

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I have a sneaky suspicion the mask mandates will be back in Massachusetts by later this evening. A nice 5pm Friday news dump from Chuck 

This idea of partially damming viral transmission streams against a flood of typical weekend social engagements?   mm, yeah, that is more apt to occur as a policy decision than doing so on a random Tuesday, sure -

• Like 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Personally I'm done with this crap. I.made a decision to keep working doing electrical service calls wayy back in late March 2020. Remember Italy was reporting like 3-6% death rate but even then we knew it was primarily the over 60 folk with underling conditions dying . I'm 46 and in pretty decent shape . EVEN THEN I was able to assess the risk just like the 100s of other things out here that can make u sick or hurt u. I was extremely respectful for over a year at work  ( wearing my mask inside and out at customer's homes , wearing the synthetic gloves at customer's requests even . Some even told me I can take it off and I never once did it . I got sick 3 times this past year including covid. I haven't been sick this much in 15+ years . I know exactly why . I touched and adjusted that effing mask 273 times a effing day crawling in attics, crawl spaces , ladders in high heat and humidity. But I'm done . No more...EVER . if a customer asks for me to be masked  I will simply tell them politely . " Find another electrical contractor ". This country is going down the toilet fast . I hope people push back hard on the various govt overreaching ,school overreaching etc. This kid will continue to hustle for my lil peace of the American dream , take care of my 2 teen daughters and help my neighbors.  If any hard mandated shit comes back I won't comply period . Those in my circle won't either . :D

All presidents hear voices in their head ...I mean, ears.   ( heh)

A president is only as good as his/her appointed committee of internal advisors and their functional ecumenical outreach and work-acumen in/with/among the various representatives of the grander industrial mecca.  

This is all obvious to 8th grade Social Studies, but the reality of that station in society is not about the president... It is the presidency.  

That's the gamble of the presidential hopeful's rise to power and the devil dealing -

They get all the credit when "approval ratings" have 'em exalted as a Pharaoh.  

Unfortunately, they take the blame when the vicissitudes mount.

56 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Why aren't we looking at places like India and UK as far as the delta surge (I hate the word surge) is concerned, where in those countries they had a spike for ~4-6 wks, then it caved. We're acting is if this is going to be a long protracted increase in cases, regardless of what the hospitalizations/deaths look like. It's just crazy how quick policies and such are changing. Pelosi ordering Capitol police to arrest those not masking??:o

This. FL is spiking now like we did at this time last year and it will come back down mid September 

34 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I have a sneaky suspicion the mask mandates will be back in Massachusetts by later this evening. A nice 5pm Friday news dump from Chuck 

it'll be back then it will be gone in 4 weeks when this surge winds down...wash rinse repeat for the next year

2 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Congrats on the part time university job!  Adjunct?  And glad to hear your vaccinated nephew is going better. 

Actually been adjunct since I retired.   Now the dilemma in October when I pass the ethics time barrier and can work for people doing business with the government.   I’m choosing to do about 10 hours/week with one group mainly based on the high level of ethics with the president of the company.   The guy is a mensch as I told my wife and he has a viable product.

The $$ is stupid high-between that and the few hours adjunct I’ll get paid as much as my pension, SS, and IRA (rolled over entire TSP) distribution combined which essentially doubles the $$ I made while working as a 15/10 with 21% add on for retention.   Do the math-not bad for never having to get up before 10AM.  You will be sought after post retirement and the trick is to make sure you don’t take on too much.  After the one company (October gig) made the $$  offer I had to make sure it wasn’t too many hours.  When he told me I pinched myself...lol.

• Like 1

So now the CDC says that delta is more contagious than MERS, SARS, Ebola, the common cold, the seasonal flu and smallpox, and it is as contagious as chickenpox. They recommend anyone with weak immune systems mask anywhere, even in areas of low transmission. 
Cambridge will have me back in a mask at work by Monday

ugh

They also have an internal report that’s says universal masking is essential. So blue will mask, red won’t. Same old thing. 

7 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

So now the CDC says that delta is more contagious than MERS, SARS, Ebola, the common cold, the seasonal flu and smallpox, and it is as contagious as chickenpox. They recommend anyone with weak immune systems mask anywhere, even in areas of low transmission. 

ugh

They also have an internal report that’s says universal masking is essential. So blue will mask, red won’t. Same old thing. 

But, but, but… the unvaccinated!!

• Haha 1

ugh

Jfc, where is this all going

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Here’s what the health department in mass just came out with. Baker will reiterate the following:

In a statement, state health officials said, "In light of the information provided by the CDC, and in order to maximize protection of vulnerable individuals from the Delta variant, the Department of Public Health released updated guidance today that recommends that a fully vaccinated person wear a mask or face covering when indoors (and not in your own home) if you have a weakened immune system, or if you are at increased risk for severe disease because of your age or an underlying medical condition, or if someone in your household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease, or is unvaccinated."

So basically do what you think is best. It’s your choice. That’s what it should be. I’ll give the Mass Dept of Health and Baker credit. They didn’t go off the deep end. 

• Like 2

DESE just came out with guidence. 
It RECOMMENDED that k-6 wear masks indoors but not outdoors or indoors when eating.
All UNVAXED staff, teachers and students in 7th grade and above are urged to wear masks.
All VAXED students, teachers and staff 7th and above there’s no recommendation to wear masks.
So CDC is basically saying the R0 is greater than pox virus now. If so, you'd thinks mask mandates and closures wouldn't be far behind and covid will spread like wild fire. But, if they are only recommending masks for certain age groups, seems like they might be acknowledging delta is less severe, just more contagious. We'd be in a world of shite if it's more transmissable than pox and more severe, but other country data doesn't support that. Clear as mud

Just now, Lava Rock said:

So CDC is basically saying the R0 is greater than pox virus now. If so, you'd thinks mask mandates and closures wouldn't be far behind and covid will spread like wild fire. But, if they are only recommending masks for certain age groups, seems like they might be acknowledging delta is less severe, just more contagious. We'd be in a world of shite if it's more transmissable than pox and more severe, but other country data doesn't support that. Clear as mud

No political or financial capital for more shutdowns...masks probably the only thing you'll see reinstated...

• Like 1