Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'm anxious to see how the trials with those under 12 go with the vaccines.   Having approval for use in that age group will go a long way to reduce transmission.

But how many will vax their kids?

I was a little hesitant with mine but I went ahead and did it. They both wanted it and I did a lot of research and decided it was ok. They both did fine, no issues. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

It's pretty twisted how the media has you guys convinced that we need to forcefully vaccinate small children so that maybe, just maybe, the government will allow us to go back to normal. It's a crazy way to think.

What are you guys going to say when some guy from Africa or India brings another variant here and it breaks through the vaccine? 

Lol. The media

its scientists buddy.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Grasping at straws.  Tilting at windmills.  Making shit up.   No data=failed argument

I guess. So every one of the thousands of reports in VAERS is not a death caused by the vaccine? That seems like a bigger leap than saying the number is higher than 3... I mean, the data in VAERS says that nearly 7,000 people have died from the vaccines. I'm sure the number is lower, but 3?

You seem really sensitive about the vaccine. I am pretty sure many of you are losing faith that it can protect you, otherwise the reactions make no sense.

Clearly, none of you are worried about the unvaccinated at this point...

• Like 1

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

But how many will vax their kids?

I was a little hesitant with mine but I went ahead and did it. They both wanted it and I did a lot of research and decided it was ok. They both did fine, no issues. 

I understand the hesitancy.  I was there too, 5 months ago, but the risks of contracting the virus far outweighed the vaccine risks.  I had no say with my daughter as she had turned 18 and was all in on getting it.  She's heading off to a pre-med program in Boston, so she knows full well what the risks were.  Tack on that her school is requiring all students be vaccinated.

• Like 1

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m fine about my own safety.    Not worried any more than getting hit by lightning. 
I give a shit about other people’s lives and the way that many will die. Yes DIE from misinformation.  

Doesn't seem like it at all, to be honest. If you were following the (new) science, you would be wearing a mask all the time now.

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I guess. So every one of the thousands of reports in VAERS is not a death caused by the vaccine? That seems like a bigger leap than saying the number is higher than 3... I mean, the data in VAERS says that nearly 7,000 people have died from the vaccines. I'm sure the number is lower, but 3?

You seem really sensitive about the vaccine. I am pretty sure many of you are losing faith that it can protect you, otherwise the reactions make no sense.

Clearly, none of you are worried about the unvaccinated at this point...

I’m also sensitive that the spread will be affecting my work.  

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I’m torn on employer mandates. I hate hate hate government interference in people lives. I’m basically a libertarian. But schools mandate vaccines. Hospitals mandate flu shots or you wear a mask. The amount of circulating virus needs to go down. Yea, this will always be here. Measles and mumps are out there. But they don’t circulate much because the population is vaxed. 
I’m honesty torn. But I had no idea there would be 100 million not get vaxed. Sure there’s always the anti vaxers, but I really thought the uptake would be better. 

It’s because it got political which is sad but real.  Any other medical issue and doctors recommending that people do XYZ to stay protected, and they’d do it.  But to not get vaxxed is more of a statement at this point. It’s rebellious.  It has very little to do in many people with their health.  And the more pressure put on those folks, the harder they are going to dig in.

Most of us didn’t consider the government at all when we decided to get vaccinated.  It wasn’t to bow down to the almighty ruler.  It was medical professionals who are friends, family, your primary care doctor, whoever said hey, your risk from COVID is low but we do recommend it.  So we said ok doc, and got the shot.  We looked at it like literally any other doctor recommended procedure.

I think about a cyst I had in my back.  Dermatologist referred me to someone, they said hey, 99% chance you never have any issue from that.  But personally, I’d get rid of it just on that 1% chance it turns serious.  Ok doc, sign me up, I trust you.  Now maybe I have an allergic reaction to the anesthesia and shit goes sideways just to remove a 1% or lower chance of a benign growth becoming serious.  But most folks will get it done when the Doctor says there’s a low chance of problems but to be safe we should remove this.  It’s not f*ck you doc, stop telling me how to live my life.

• Like 2

I truly believe that studies could show the vaccine is 100% safe with zero side effects and people still wouldn’t get it.  It’s become a matter of principles and honor for many.  Their mind was made up the moment the Gov’t stepped in back in March of last year.

Like when you hear people say “this guy refused to require masks in his business, there’s no way he got the vaccine”… the two are tied together as a matter of principle, not health.  It’s almost as if some get disappointed when a person they thought stood up against the Gov’t ended up getting the vaccine.

It has very little to do with the safety of the vaccine and everything to do with rebelling.  Had this been handled less heavy handed in the beginning, more people would be vaccinated IMO.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Albert Hsu, MD, a reproductive endocrinologist at MU Health Care, said he frequently hears COVID-19 vaccine concerns from patients who are trying to conceive.

“While studies are ongoing, there is no data that the COVID-19 vaccines may cause infertility and no credible scientific theories for how the COVID-19 vaccine may cause female infertility,” Hsu said. “Statements linking COVID-19 vaccines to female infertility are currently speculative at best.”

I Think folks could consider for many folks the media has become so focused on ratings and Hype that some folks basically treat News and most data (given even the scientific journals have been compromised and bad science had made its way into top journals from scientists receiving gain of function research $)  that some have completely lost their trust and That’ is being underestimated  and glosssd over. . Thar is a part of some people’s hesitancy , combine that with data that shows vaxxed folks are well protected against hospitalization, there is not a  strong pull to do it for the other persons safety if they believe vaxxed are protected and they personally aren’t worried due to their age or ignorance or beliefs 

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

And Phin, please read the VAERS stuff in detail.  Don’t just gloss over it.  

I know it is not actually  7,000 deaths. But it also isn't 3, as you asserted without even posting a link. I posted more data than you did, but I am the anti-science unvaxxed moron supposedly. Whatever dude. I get there is a ton of anxiety out there. Hope it all works out for you guys. But blame your politicians for mask mandates, not me.

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

I know it is not actually  7,000 deaths. But it also isn't 3, as you asserted without even posting a link. I posted more data than you did, but I am the anti-science unvaxxed moron supposedly. Whatever dude. I get there is a ton of anxiety out there. Hope it all works out for you guys. But blame your politicians for mask mandates, not me.

I don’t think you are a moron.  I thought I had attached the link. My bad.  
Blizzy on the other hand...

• Like 1