Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

3 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

That’s likely just very poor writing. It does NOT state that the vaccinated could have higher levels of virus THAN THE UNVACCINATED, which you imply. It could simply mean that the vaccinated could have higher levels of virus THAN ORIGINALLY THOUGHT, which was zero or minimal. 

I never said higher than the unvaccinated. I said they could spread it as easily. 

Regarding the spread by vaccinated people

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-crucial-vaccine-benefit-were-not-talking-about-enough1/

The totality of these impressive data should bolster confidence that the COVID vaccines are extraordinarily effective in reducing transmission of the virus. This suggests that vaccinating a large majority of Americans throughout the country is our surest bet for returning to normal. Entirely eliminating spread of the virus may be an unreachable goal, but mass vaccination—in the U.S. and around the world—will relegate COVID to the background of our lives.

• Like 1

From the same article

Until now, based on the available data from the vaccine trials, much of the public health messaging around vaccination has focused on the individual benefit. And the efficacy of the COVID vaccines in protecting against illness is indeed remarkable. But with mounting evidence that confirms effectiveness in reducing transmission, it is time to begin emphasizing the societal benefit—and the personal responsibility to avoid harming others.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-crucial-vaccine-benefit-were-not-talking-about-enough1/

The totality of these impressive data should bolster confidence that the COVID vaccines are extraordinarily effective in reducing transmission of the virus. This suggests that vaccinating a large majority of Americans throughout the country is our surest bet for returning to normal. Entirely eliminating spread of the virus may be an unreachable goal, but mass vaccination—in the U.S. and around the world—will relegate COVID to the background of our lives.

Does that include delta though?

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Preaching to the Choir here.  Get ****ing vaccinated and you don't have to bitch and moan about the CDC modifying their guidelines or States/Local municipalities implementing new restrictions.  If you starve the virus of places to grow and mutate, it will largely die off.  Will it be eradicated, not in my opinion, but will become much more manageable than it currently is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yes. Just like mumps, measles, etc etc. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Does that include delta though?

The Delta variant of the coronavirus, now dominant in the U.S. and many other countries, may induce a viral load that is 1,000 times higher than the level that was typically associated with the ancestral lineage of the virus in early 2020. This higher viral load makes Delta infections more contagious, which has led to a greater number of breakthrough cases, albeit many mild or asymptomatic. But the mRNA-based vaccines still provide strong protection, with efficacy against symptomatic infection in the range of 80 to 90 percent. And the ability of these vaccines to substantially reduce viral load in breakthrough cases could be a valuable tool in containing spread of the Delta variant.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The Delta variant of the coronavirus, now dominant in the U.S. and many other countries, may induce a viral load that is 1,000 times higher than the level that was typically associated with the ancestral lineage of the virus in early 2020. This higher viral load makes Delta infections more contagious, which has led to a greater number of breakthrough cases, albeit many mild or asymptomatic. But the mRNA-based vaccines still provide strong protection, with efficacy against symptomatic infection in the range of 80 to 90 percent. And the ability of these vaccines to substantially reduce viral load in breakthrough cases could be a valuable tool in containing spread of the Delta variant.

Obama Mic Drop GIF - Obama MicDrop LargarOMicrofone GIFs

• Like 1

Hopefully employer mandates will become more of a thing moving forward. It will take some courage but anyway we can get more people vaxxed the better. Really do not understand the reticence from those who are unwilling, there just aren't any sound arguments left at this point.  

i deleted my comment, but looks like it still got posted. Anyway, there is a plastic round cover I can remove on the front side. I was just  thinking if for some reason the whole valve needed to be replaced then I'd have to cut a drywall access panel on the opposite side.
Checked the mixer valve and it's not that. Removed the tub drain and putty looks a little worn. Tried pouring water down drain to get ceiling to leak again, but wouldn't happen. Probably need to take a 10min wife shower to recreate. I'm just trying to determine if there is a leak in the joint up in the ceiling or at the drain around the putty. Don't want to tear into ceiling unless I know for sure.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, WeatherX said:

Hopefully employer mandates will become more of a thing moving forward. It will take some courage but anyway we can get more people vaxxed the better. Really do not understand the reticence from those who are unwilling, there just aren't any sound arguments left at this point.  

3 Americans have died due to the vaccines.   Out of 170 million who have taken them.    Some get side effects.  Some of those have been nasty.  But for the vast vast VAST majority, (far more of a majority than those getting very ill or dying from the disease) they have been shown to be safe. 

I am unhappy because this could have been done with a month or more ago.  Science gave us an incredible tool and it is being wasted.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

Checked the mixer valve and it's not that. Removed the tub drain and putty looks a little worn. Tried pouring water down drain to get ceiling to leak again, but wouldn't happen. Probably need to take a 10min wife shower to recreate. I'm just trying to determine if there is a leak in the joint up in the ceiling or at the drain around the putty. Don't want to tear into ceiling unless I know for sure.

We have had a leak from our upstairs bathroom a couple of times.  Corrosion in the valves etc.  Our plumber told us the next time it might be a bigger deal to replace. 

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

What a pain in the ass.  I had to replace the mixing valve in our Bath.  Interesting learning process that was.  

6 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Check the joint between the tub and the floor. If she got out and dripped water there, it can leak pretty good even with a little water. I had a leak there and was surprised how much water got on my downstairs ceiling. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

3 Americans have died due to the vaccines.   Out of 170 million who have taken them.    Some get side effects.  Some of those have been nasty.  But for the vast vast VAST majority, (far more of a majority than those getting very ill or dying from the disease) they have been shown to be safe. 

I am unhappy because this could have been done with a month or more ago.  Science gave us an incredible tool and it is being wasted.  

To be direct, if you consider yourself a patriot and love this country, you should be moved to get vaxxed. Unfortunately, many people are not able to grasp that the act is about saving others, not just themselves. We pay heavy costs for this mindset. It really is a shame.

9 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The unvaccinated are the only ones to blame with the current status of things in the US.  Plenty of opportunity to get vaccinated and the vast majority >95% of hospitalizations/deaths are from those that are not.  And than you question the recommendations/actions of the CDC?  :lmao:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

There is no way it was just 3 people. LOL

• Weenie 1

We will be throwing in an extra variable of schools reopening on a widespread basis, so will be interesting to see how that factors in.  Maybe a slower drop than otherwise?  Who really knows.
Don't forget to include the upcoming holidays since there will always be a convenient excuse to clamp down

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

There is no way it was just 3 people. LOL

https://covid-101.org/science/how-many-people-have-died-from-the-vaccine-in-the-u-s/

How many people have died after getting a vaccine?

Between December 2020 and July 19th, 2021, VAERS received 6,207 reports of death (0.0018% of doses) among people who got a vaccine, but this does not mean the vaccine caused these deaths. Doctors and safety monitors carefully review the details of each case to see if it might be linked to the vaccine. There are three deaths that appear to be linked to blood clots that occurred after people got the J&J vaccine. Since we now know how to correctly treat people who develop these blood clots, future deaths related to this very rare side effect can be prevented.

After careful review of the additional data, doctors have decided that there is no evidence at all that the vaccines contributed to the other patient deaths. Nonetheless, the CDC and FDA will continue to investigate every single report of death (and other adverse events) reported to VAERS.

Choose to believe what you you will but I believe the vaccines are a far safer option than risking contracting the virus unvaccinated and risking those effects.

• Like 2

I’m torn on employer mandates. I hate hate hate government interference in people lives. I’m basically a libertarian. But schools mandate vaccines. Hospitals mandate flu shots or you wear a mask. The amount of circulating virus needs to go down. Yea, this will always be here. Measles and mumps are out there. But they don’t circulate much because the population is vaxed. 
I’m honesty torn. But I had no idea there would be 100 million not get vaxed. Sure there’s always the anti vaxers, but I really thought the uptake would be better. 

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I’m torn on employer mandates. I hate hate hate government interference in people lives. I’m basically a libertarian. But schools mandate vaccines. Hospitals mandate flu shots or you wear a mask. The amount of circulating virus needs to go down. Yea, this will always be here. Measles and mumps are out there. But they don’t circulate much because the population is vaxed. 
I’m honesty torn. But I had no idea there would be 100 million not get vaxed. Sure there’s always the anti vaxers, but I really thought the uptake would be better. 

I know you're closer to my age but I was once in that realm but we as Americans are not as educated/woke as you or I.  There's a whole lotta dumb individuals that believe some of the fringe therapeutics to remedy this virus.   It sucks that the CDC feels some masking should be reimplemented but thats where they feel we are as a Country.

• Like 1