joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2021 Atlantic Hurricane season

26 minutes ago, cptcatz said:

Well that's interesting

Screenshot_20210620-131630_Chrome.jpg

Lol.

But interesting enough the Canadian has some kind of entity also the last 2 runs.

Something to watch for again coming out of the BOC? 

Just looking at the the pattern over the last week +/- . We might be locked into the next 2-3 weeks.

18Z and 0Z GFS have Florida hurricane threats just past 240 hours.  The developing system should be apparent by next Monday morning in the Caribbean if the model runs are correct.

I think the GFS saw what became Claudette, but developed it too quickly, for several days, before it finally got going.  Would not be surprised if there is nothing in the Caribbean in a week but the GFS keeps showing development beginning in a week from the model run for several days.  It (and several ensemble perturbations) are seeing something.  I think we've all seen the GFS have a TC a week out for several days, and as often as not, nothing ever develops.  Nothing on Op Euro,

The windshield wiper effect is in full go mode with the 06z GFS back with a major hurricane into Texas. Regardless, we're at like 3 straight days of GFS runs showing this system forming so if doesn't that would be a huge flop.

35 minutes ago, cptcatz said:

The windshield wiper effect is in full go mode with the 06z GFS back with a major hurricane into Texas. Regardless, we're at like 3 straight days of GFS runs showing this system forming so if doesn't that would be a huge flop.

Hurricane Ping Pong in the Gulfport of Mexico between Texas and Florida...

They must be nervous in western LA.

image.thumb.png.46ad3ffdcd72af3f3c7bc92686acd560.png

Ensembles are really trying hard to resolve some kind of cyclogenesis in the MDR next week. It wouldn't be unprecedented. Thermal support is a little meh but SSTs have warmed moderately the past few weeks. If nothing else, it might make things interesting to track into the Eastern Caribbean graveyard that is typical at this point in the season. The suspect easterly wave does look very robust/healthy at this time.

423b183360e4aa6a021c30678ccf9f91.gif&key=0a5b64d31380bf1c379122365b116811008cf2ef610d3b45d4ad808656763ef8aeee71d73031e88322b0371aae0cb319.jpg&key=f46ea2d5bf11dec9900002835681a4682a24ba43597bbca01563917d259e0fbe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cptcatz said:

00z Euro now backed off development altogether. Interesting how development COULD be within 24-48 hours and the models still can't figure it out.

I trust my instincts over the EURO and we are looking at a significant influence from the tropics.

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, cptcatz said:

00z Euro now backed off development altogether. Interesting how development COULD be within 24-48 hours and the models still can't figure it out.

And there are times when nothing is expected and 12 hours later there is a Tropical Depression in the Gulf on its way to being a TS.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Watch the low pressure system that has formed off the Carolina coastline. Very common spot for quick spin ups 

Good eye on the broad scale of things.

But not really the location to be watching.

Looking at satellite and radar. I think a broad large scale trough axis trying to setup off the Carolina,GA Coast across Florida into the GOM.

So just judging by the models and possible quick spin up possibility  maybe central and northern GOM stretching down to the Yucatan.

41 minutes ago, FLweather said:

Tonight's convection associated with the weak front combined with East Coast and West Coast Seabreeze collisions.

Have spun up a mid-level and surface LP off of Clearwater, St Pete.

How many times we've awaken to a TD off our coast (Clearwater, St Pete) when going to bed nothing. Good eye FLweather, you have experience around here I take it.

Not that anything will develop, but it does happen on the fly as we all know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vice-Regent said:

That disturbance south of Bermuda should bring something to your area in 7-10 days.

Not the area of development.

Cant really believe the NHC would give that a 10 percent.

Along an elongated trough axis  extending south into the GOM stretching down to the Yucatan.

Central GOM is to watch.

1 hour ago, FLweather said:

Not the area of development.

Cant really believe the NHC would give that a 10 percent.

Along an elongated trough axis  extending south into the GOM stretching down to the Yucatan.

Central GOM is to watch.

Even if it doesn't become a bonafide TC will deliver more than most TCs. I can see potential from miles away.

7 minutes ago, Tezeta said:

No storms till august. 

My amateur non-met yet seasoned lifelong storm obsessed watcher feeling is a late or very late season with a serious punch. Maybe even a short season at that, but enough to keep us on our toes for a bit.

That said, wish the best and safety for everyone. Seriously.