Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Warm Season Thread 2021

wxeyeNH

10 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

What's the mountain in Vermont that has residences right on the slopes? Those must be at a pretty high elevation. I stayed at Bolton one time and saw a small residential street of homes at about 2000'.

Yup, Wentworth Road loop up there.... one of the weeniest snow spots out there, IMO.  2200-2300ft on the upper west side of the Green Mtn Spine.

Going to get a lot of precipitation there.  No wind direction is bad.

bv.thumb.jpg.58b1fbb826c0f95dc0bacee3a801164a.jpg

BV2.thumb.jpg.2f1c5b918d79c26b54f8d7ff5d86e06b.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

45F and -RN.  Only 0.21" in the stratus so far.  But that's about what models have... seems we'll take 18 hours to get to 0.50-0.75" maybe?  Like a winter storm where it takes 24 hours to get 6" on the NW fringe, ha.

I always figure this is the most beneficial type of rain. Soaks in and doesn’t run off. 

20 minutes ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

I would think the higher plateau of the east slopes of the Berks, towns  like Windsor, Savoy, Peru , Florida, etc would probably have some homes near 2K as well.  

Edit: found a house at 2,100 ft

1095 North St, Windsor, MA 01270

House is for sale. Not bad for MA 

The spotter in Savoy is at I think 2010'.  No yearly totals as he only reports to CBS Weathernet. Need to get that guy on cocorahs..ha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CT Valley Snowman said:

I would think the higher plateau of the east slopes of the Berks, towns  like Windsor, Savoy, Peru , Florida, etc would probably have some homes near 2K as well.  

Edit: found a house at 2,100 ft

1095 North St, Windsor, MA 01270

House is for sale. Not bad for MA 

there are a couple houses around 2300’-2400’ in florida off tilda hill rd i believe 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, uncletim said:

A handful of houses at Saddleback around 2400', condos a bit higher. Sugarloaf west mtn houses close to the same elevation.

Good catch - I never looked at Saddleback.  The highest condos south of the base get up to 2640'.  Again, I suspect those are all second homes and I think the original question was for primary residences.

1 hour ago, backedgeapproaching said:

That's a proper VT estate, damn. 

I can't imagine the maintenance on a house like that at that elevation. Dealing with this house at 1550' is enough. The climate at elevation in NNE can rapidly destroy decks, roofs, siding, landscaping, etc. Not just snow, but factors such as ground frost pushing on decks also wreak havoc. It's going to be a constant battle for the owners of that house to keep it from degrading into junk status.

3 hours ago, Len Ticular said:

Large house at 75 Rice Hill Rd East Dover Vt at just over 2600'   https://www.interluxe.com/property/detail/mount-snow-valley-estate/218 

Original owner built this house without the proper permits Act 250 etc. State  of Vt. found out and tried to get it taken down,  at the time house was much smaller - house has since changed owners a few times and has been greatly added on to

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len Ticular said:

Original owner built this house without the proper permits Act 250 etc. State  of Vt. found out and tried to get it taken down,  at the time house was much smaller - house has since changed owners a few times and has been greatly added on to

Also at the height of land on Tilda Hill Rd Florida Ma. near the wind turbine farm a house at 2515"

https://caltopo.com/map.html#ll=42.71616,-73.02758&z=16&b=imagery&o=r&n=0.3&a=c%2Cmba

1 hour ago, Len Ticular said:

I figured that was the one. I remember that battle. 

3 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I can't imagine the maintenance on a house like that at that elevation. Dealing with this house at 1550' is enough. The climate at elevation in NNE can rapidly destroy decks, roofs, siding, landscaping, etc. Not just snow, but factors such as ground frost pushing on decks also wreak havoc. It's going to be a constant battle for the owners of that house to keep it from degrading into junk status.

9100 sq.ft. on 62 acres with near-circular views.  Brings to mind the query about the cost of running a huge yacht (J.P.Morgan's?) to which the owner replied, if you have to ask, you can't afford it.  5 mil?

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

9100 sq.ft. on 62 acres with near-circular views.  Brings to mind the query about the cost of running a huge yacht (J.P.Morgan's?) to which the owner replied, if you have to ask, you can't afford it.  5 mil?

LOL yeah that is true. 

You need to be careful when buying a remote place like that. You need to have a large budget for upkeep and a lot of patience. It can take a while and cost a lot of money to get tradesmen and landscapers in.

5 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Keep thinking I may go play 9 but every time I start to make a serious move to leave, another wave of misery mist seems to crop up. May not get any golf in today. 

Something falling from the sky all day, but only 0.04" since 7 AM.  Just enough to keep everything wet.

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

I struggle enough keeping up with my small, 3 bedroom ranch. I don’t need a bigger headache. Though I suppose if I had enough money to build/buy something like that I could afford to pay for maintenance and house cleaners. 

9 hours ago, Len Ticular said:

Ahhh that's the one that had so much drama associated with it.  Or basically just the builder went full send without anywhere close to the necessary approvals.