Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Warm Season Thread 2021

wxeyeNH

Event totals: 2.8” Snow/0.52” L.E.

We picked up an additional 0.2” of snow today in the 6:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. period, and then the most recent information from the 12:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M. period is below:

Details from the 6:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 1.6 inches

New Liquid: 0.16 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 10.0

Snow Density: 10.0% H2O

Temperature: 30.9 F

Sky: Light Snow (2-15 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 2.0 inches

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Those temps are legit! Models had a cold pocket at 925. How high are you mreaves?

It’s cold.  Pretty much powder out there on top it seems.

I’ve got 28F.  Crazy to see it snowing and completely white with a few inches and it’s still light out at 7:30pm. Wife commented on how odd it is to be this light out at this hour but a wintry scene.

BD280F63-3BC2-464D-BEF3-BA30DDAAF4EE.jpeg.f2e23a232780fdb28d8a14d527927d80.jpeg

• Like 1

Measured 3.75" on my wife's car that hasn't moved since last night.  I cleared my garden table this morning after the overnight 1.5" and it had around another 3" on it from this afternoon/evening.  So that above freezing period with no precip from like 7am until 3pm between the two rounds of precip melted off 3/4th of an inch.

So somewhere between 3.75" and 4.5" depending on whether it was one measurement or two with a clearing. 

Not a huge event at all, but it clears my 3" threshold for noteworthy/fun appeal at home.  I cleared the cars and board, we'll see if there's any upslope response tonight and especially tomorrow down here in town.  The mountain should see some persistent snow showers, but tomorrow morning into early afternoon looks more active.  The lowest heights swing through the mid-levels, with cold pocket at H7 arriving late morning... I think some squally snow showers should develop tomorrow morning with popcorn going into the early afternoon due to upslope flow and that cold pool aloft during late April insolation.

April21_8pmMeasure.jpg.8df76c06ccc8a8b9648cf4cd58c99933.jpg

Can tell the lumpy look to the ground...even with 4" on some spots, it was uneven with even some spots showing to the ground (like next to the dog).

April21_8pm.jpg.3d6bc1c1771a5abee6c79b7adf74eff1.jpg

• Like 4

Just picked up a Davis VP2 with FARS for $50 locally from a guy.  He actually said he bought it from Burke Mtn about 10 years ago which is kind of interesting.  Of course I had to get Dendrite to PM me all the pertinent questions to ask as I had no clue....ha.  Even if it needs a few parts updated, seems like a deal.

.5" total here.  Some super light stuff coming down now. 29.4F (if the VP2 is calibrated right :))

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Measured 3.75" on my wife's car that hasn't moved since last night.  I cleared my garden table this morning after the overnight 1.5" and it had around another 3" on it from this afternoon/evening.  So that above freezing period with no precip from like 7am until 3pm between the two rounds of precip melted off 3/4th of an inch.

So somewhere between 3.75" and 4.5" depending on whether it was one measurement or two with a clearing. 

Not a huge event at all, but it clears my 3" threshold for noteworthy/fun appeal at home.  I cleared the cars and board, we'll see if there's any upslope response tonight and especially tomorrow down here in town.  The mountain should see some persistent snow showers, but tomorrow morning into early afternoon looks more active.  The lowest heights swing through the mid-levels, with cold pocket at H7 arriving late morning... I think some squally snow showers should develop tomorrow morning with popcorn going into the early afternoon due to upslope flow and that cold pool aloft during late April insolation.

April21_8pmMeasure.jpg.8df76c06ccc8a8b9648cf4cd58c99933.jpg

Can tell the lumpy look to the ground...even with 4" on some spots, it was uneven with even some spots showing to the ground (like next to the dog).

April21_8pm.jpg.3d6bc1c1771a5abee6c79b7adf74eff1.jpg

That's impressive. If you do this late season snow, give me that event over a slushy annoying inch at 34F. Nice.

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Down to 26. Looks like a couple inches on the cam.

Yeah dude, the low got going just in time for you guys.  Strong SE trend with this one, despite getting mild today, there was a good period of snow.

It got the job done. Blowing and drifting snow at the end of the 3rd week in April is good stuff.

380719184_april21830pmradar.gif.b52d3ffe280047fe9726c395dffa4332.gif

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah dude, the low got going just in time for you guys.  Strong SE trend with this one, despite getting mild today, there was a good period of snow.

It got the job done. Blowing and drifting snow at the end of the 3rd week in April is good stuff.

380719184_april21830pmradar.gif.b52d3ffe280047fe9726c395dffa4332.gif

Yeah do it right. Anomalies ftw. Much better than a borderline event just above freezing. That’s legit.