• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    samithdfm
    Newest Member
    samithdfm

Central PA - Spring 2021

Just now, canderson said:

I don’t remember a spring living here this lush and green and blooming. 

It’s like we are in a greenhouse right now with how deep green everything is. 

It seems like it has been awhile. I have 100 year old lilac bushes that really like the weather right now. 

8 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Ah yes, we’re halfway through spring. The day formerly known as Tax Day. Still 45 more days for something to happen.

Cicada's are lined up to freshen the excitement eventually per the MA thread. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Cicada's are lined up to freshen the excitement eventually per the MA thread. 

Do swarms of those show up on radar like other flying critters can? Maybe we can at least get some pretend storm cells.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, canderson said:

I don’t remember a spring living here this lush and green and blooming. 

It’s like we are in a greenhouse right now with how deep green everything is. 

image.jpeg.540c32a144d2cfcb690cca7fcaf581e2.jpeg

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, paweather said:

Is this the adult version of Stink Bugs? 

I think they’re at least native to the area and not stuff we accidentally imported.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Did you plant those yourself?  :-)? 

It was a wedding gift to him from his borough's founding fathers. 

• Haha 1

Talked to someone today that is mad because Spring has punted and its too cold out.  Funny how different people have different views.  Several here think its been a great spring but the recent warm springs of previous years have others thinking it is too cold.   Personally I think its been a very normal "Old Tyme" spring 

I was surprised to hear rain so I checked wunderground.com for Williamsport.  At the top of the page it said 39 rain and snow.  The local radar showed a mix of blue for snow and green.  I didn't believe the snow part so I went on the porch and saw no signs of snow. 

I can't be certain but I think this is really the last time I will see the word snow mentioned on my local weather page until next fall and I think our snow this morning was limited to the "snow" that appeared on the wunderground website.  

42 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

I was surprised to hear rain so I checked wunderground.com for Williamsport.  At the top of the page it said 39 rain and snow.  The local radar showed a mix of blue for snow and green.  I didn't believe the snow part so I went on the porch and saw no signs of snow. 

I can't be certain but I think this is really the last time I will see the word snow mentioned on my local weather page until next fall and I think our snow this morning was limited to the "snow" that appeared on the wunderground website.  

Looks like parts of interior New England got a nice, heavy paste job overnight and this morning. Some pretty impressive totals coming in from a few locations. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

39 on the weather station when I left for work at 6am. Saw a gorgeous sunrise on my way to the office - beautiful morning!

Should stay in 50's today.  Good day.

53 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

I would be surprised if you see less than two snow mentions in zones at least.  Unless models are off, it's going to be a fairly chilly two week period.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Some white stuff appearing on the Sweeden Hill snow cam in Potter County.....

608765422_PotterCountysnow4-16-21.jpg.c58ebef84a44d62e24190b2a8aac630b.jpg

I’d bet that Potter County and the rest of the northern tier sees measurable snow next week as well.

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looks like parts of interior New England got a nice, heavy paste job overnight and this morning. Some pretty impressive totals coming in from a few locations. 

Yeah I'm seeing a number of 3-8" type reports across NY, VT, MA, etc.......looks like the Laurels also got a bit of snow, as the Seven Springs snow cams show a fresh light covering