• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Duke Of Lizards
    Newest Member
    Duke Of Lizards
Central PA - Spring 2021

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

I leave for Texas tomorrow. Let's check out the local forecast ...

Wednesday
Sunny and hot, with a high near 99. Heat index values as high as 103. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Wednesday Night
Clear, with a low around 76. East southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.

Thursday
Sunny and hot, with a high near 99. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the morning.

Thursday Night
Clear, with a low around 76. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.

Friday
Sunny, with a high near 97. South wind 5 to 10 mph.

Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 73. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 97. East wind 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 74.

Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 97.

Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 77.

Monday
A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 97.

I'll gladly go if you don't want to...

Yesterday it was 118 at my mom's house in Sun City, AZ.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I'll gladly go if you don't want to...

Yesterday it was 118 at my mom's house in Sun City, AZ.

That would have made her tied for tops in the nation, wow.......sidebar, Peter Sinks seems to always take the low title ha.....

Edit: for some reason it's not displaying the text I had pasted into my reply about the national high/low data.  Anybody else ever have this problem with copying and pasting from websites?

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

That would have made her tied for tops in the nation, wow.......sidebar, Peter Sinks seems to always take the low title ha.....

Edit: for some reason it's not displaying the text I had pasted into my reply about the national high/low data.  Anybody else ever have this problem with copying and pasting from websites?

She may go warmer today. it's already 110 at 11:30am out there.

3 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Sorry for the errant posts but what I was trying to display was copied text from the WPC about the national high and low temp for the contiguous United States, which had Death Valley, CA and Stovepipe Wells, CA both reaching 118 and Peter Sinks, UT hitting 27.

I need to check Peter Sinks out. Sounds like my kind of place. :)  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I need to check Peter Sinks out. Sounds like my kind of place. :)  

I believe Peter Sinks set some kind of obscene record for cold in the lower 48 in October 2019. Like -40 or more, if I’m not mistaken. (Though it also holds the #2 all-timer for the Lower 48 at -69 in February 1985 as well.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimB84 said:

I believe Peter Sinks set some kind of obscene record for cold in the lower 48 in October 2019. Like -40 or more, if I’m not mistaken. (Though it also holds the #2 all-timer for the Lower 48 at -69 in February 1985 as well.)

Yes it has an obscene high elevation desolate arid inversion microclimate. Not really fair to be comparing it to most “normal” locations haha. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yes it has an obscene high elevation desolate arid inversion microclimate. Not really fair to be comparing it to most “normal” locations haha. 

Let’s petition the NWS to keep these records on the books, but also have an accounting of state and national records that only include populated places. :lol:

No Peter Sinks, Rogers Pass, summit of Mauna Kea, Mt. Washington, Furnace Creek or any of that other garbage to contend with.

We’ll let Smethport keep its low temperature and daily rainfall records, assuming people actually do live there, which I have yet to confirm. I’ve never met anyone from there, have you?

50 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Let’s petition the NWS to keep these records on the books, but also have an accounting of state and national records that only include populated places. :lol:

No Peter Sinks, Rogers Pass, summit of Mauna Kea, Mt. Washington, Furnace Creek or any of that other garbage to contend with.

We’ll let Smethport keep its low temperature and daily rainfall records, assuming people actually do live there, which I have yet to confirm. I’ve never met anyone from there, have you?

I love where your head’s at! But don’t you dare denigrate the county seat of McKean County like that, ‘tis the booming metropolis of the Route 6 corridor haha. 

25 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I love where your head’s at! But don’t you dare denigrate the county seat of McKean County like that, ‘tis the booming metropolis of the Route 6 corridor haha. 

Haha never, my wife is from the Route 6 corridor. Smethport can keep their records, I’m just jealous that I don’t get to see -42 (but probably glad I’ve never seen 3 feet of rain in a day).

38 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Haha never, my wife is from the Route 6 corridor. Smethport can keep their records, I’m just jealous that I don’t get to see -42 (but probably glad I’ve never seen 3 feet of rain in a day).

It really is uncanny some of the extreme weather they’ve recorded up there. 

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Well during the lull I guess anything can be interesting.  HRRR says MDT just misses 40's tonight.  Will be a slam dunk for colder locations though.  I expect 45-47ish here.    It is still only 61 right now here with full sun at 9:30. 

You're in the chill zone, already at 70 here now.