Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

18 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Millions if not billions were predicted in SE PA....we were the hot spot. They may have a more specific hotspot(s) around the area but damn the majority of us should have seen at least one with such a large volume? Just 1. I'm calling Herb....

The same happened17 years ago.  They are never everywhere.

severe t- storm here in Macungie area- 50 -60 mph- straight line winds - limbs down- tons of scorched leaves and maple helicopters everywhere in the bow echo portion of the squall line. Not a drought buster but  I will take .35 in of rain at this time. The water running down the street gutters was actually yellow green for the first  15 minutes.  At least the car got a washing 

Getting darker already by me in Hopewell and that usually means the storms gust front is outpacing the precip. I expect the line to weaken considerably the next hour as it approaches the Delaware. Will be surprised if it stays severe. I just hope it rains.. my grass is bone dry and I'm tired of watering the garden twice a day...

Just now, The Iceman said:

Getting darker already by me and that usually means the storms gust front is outpacing the precip. I expect the line to weaken considerably the next hour as it approaches the Delaware. Will be surprised if it stays severe. I just hope it rains.. my grass is bone dry and I'm tired of watering the garden twice a day...

No question it is. I've been dark and windy for 1/2hr and the precip is still to the W. Temp went from upper 80s to around 90 down to my current temp of 77F...

Still raining a bit, up to .30". Not too much wind, no hail, but plenty of thunder and lightning. Nice shot of rain too.

We decided to go inside since the lightning was getting a bit close, and then a bolt went down across the street, maybe 400-500 ft. away. That was...stimulating!

• Weenie 1