• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

dry enough for you?  The soil moisture is being sucked out bigtime the last two days and will only get worse  in the next few days.    The creek levels behind my house are dropping a few inches per day now below base flow. Thats a serious drop IMHO for May

By the way, anyone see the 18z GFS indicating a possible derecho- meso type storm  formation on June 2 in the Ohio Valley heading toward  DC? That will wake up the board if it happens in a hurry.

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Seeing 89.9°F and 23% RH in my back yard. Now that's a dry heat. I can't recall experiencing this since I left California many years ago!

Been just sitting back and not saying a word about it, because every time I do a hundred year flood comes out of the blue. But man oh man it's dry. Evidently this guy is somehow responsible :stein:

• Weenie 1

29 minutes ago, RedSky said:

There are no cicadas, could the ground baked into a hard brick be keeping them entombed? 

Watching Glenn earlier, ground has to be 64F/higher. He had a map of ground temperatures and 64F is around mid Del...Philly at 61F so we're probably 60F or so. But your logic makes sense, how the hell can they dig up through this crap?

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Watching Glenn earlier, ground has to be 64F/higher. He had a map of ground temperatures and 64F is around mid Del...Philly at 61F so we're probably 60F or so. But your logic makes sense, how the hell can they dig up through this crap?

I have no soil sensor thingy and just assumed the ground was up to 64 or 65F now. Never assume anything. 

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

A/C is on. House temp hit 82.4 and I had enough (88F outside) and my allergies were kicking....plus I wanted to make sure it's working properly which it is. 

Same here. I like to test it early before the real heat sets in. That’s when everyone calls and you can’t get hold of a repairman. 

And of course I’ve since lost power, so the windows are now open  :axe:

• Weenie 1

Just now, RedSky said:

I have no soil sensor thingy and just assumed the ground was up to 64 or 65F now. Never assume anything. 

We had that cooler/cold stretch, overnight lows in the 30s at times didn't help. The next several days will crank the ground temp up....make sure to tell family member.  

1 minute ago, JTA66 said:

Same here. I like to test it early before the real heat sets in. That’s when everyone calls and you can’t get hold of a repairman. 

And of course I’ve since lost power, so the windows are now open  :axe:

Power here. Maybe everyone is testing their A/C in Lansdale and blew a transformer...lol.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

We had that cooler/cold stretch, overnight lows in the 30s at times didn't help. The next several days will crank the ground temp up....make sure to tell family member.  

Family member tried telling me three weeks ago in April the cicadas were out buzzing away, no joke 

The deal is a local station did a story that they were out, fake news but family member ran with it

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

Family member tried telling me three weeks ago in April the cicadas were out buzzing away, no joke 

The deal is a local station did a story that they were out, fake news but family member ran with it

That's pretty funny but he/she is correct they do "buzz". After they make their "sound" there is a distinct buzz sound as they fly away. 

I'm still confused as how they can make so much noise for such a little creature...

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

That's pretty funny but he/she is correct they do "buzz". After they make their "sound" there is a distinct buzz sound as they fly away. 

I'm still confused as how they can make so much noise for such a little creature...

Nope they were about as far from correct as you can get, it was a common marsh bug you can hear all summer and it was at night. I tried telling em they are 100x louder and they don't make their noise at night, got no traction lol

Just now, LVblizzard said:

I live in an apartment which is halfway underground and it still feels nice and cool in there today with no AC. Not that I’d need AC on a day with dry heat like today anyway. A fan would probably do the trick.

For people like me it's not only to cool things off but it helps immensely with allergies....it's a 2 in 1 benefit. With a predicted low of 57F tonight I will turn it off and maybe use a exhaust fan if needed...

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Nope they were about as far from correct as you can get, it was a common marsh bug you can hear all summer and it was at night. I tried telling em they are 100x louder and they don't make their noise at night, got no traction lol

Oh ok, yeah they are way off base....lol. They didn't even have tickets to the game...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

For people like me it's not only to cool things off but it helps immensely with allergies....it's a 2 in 1 benefit. With a predicted low of 57F tonight I will turn it off and maybe use a exhaust fan if needed...

Ever try drug store loratadine 10mg? I get the whole eyes, nose allergy thing bad but it cures me 100% one a day 

Just now, RedSky said:

Ever try drug store loratadine 10mg? I get the whole eyes, nose allergy thing bad but it cures me 100% one a day 

Have not, will look into it.

I tried a lot of meds. Either work somewhat but make me stupid (in a daze) or tired. Some work w/congestion but my  eyes are a mess and I look drunk/stoned. Some help w/my eyes but I go into a sneezing fit. Had to walk out of Wawa because I kept on sneezing and people around me weren't too pleased. A/C on today feels great though...no sneezing, itchy red eyes, congestion....bring on Fall!

126.jpg

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Have not, will look into it.

I tried a lot of meds. Either work somewhat but make me stupid (in a daze) or tired. Some work w/congestion but my  eyes are a mess and I look drunk/stoned. Some help w/my eyes but I go into a sneezing fit. Had to walk out of Wawa because I kept on sneezing and people around me weren't too pleased. A/C on today feels great though...no sneezing, itchy red eyes, congestion....bring on Fall!

126.jpg

Not a Pharmacist just slept in a Holiday Inn Express. Never experienced a single side effect from it and they last 24hrs.