• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Oh, ok. It's gonna snow 20 inches tomorrow and Tuesday. Yaaaaaaaay!!!!

There. That better?

Dude this place just puts up with your incessant whining over every single model run.  There’s a reason people put white dots over your house when making snow maps - because you never, ever stop whining about what YOU’RE going to get. There’s not a lot of posters here so it makes it even more obvious.
Would love to post more and be a part of this group and community but it seems to be kind of “locked in” with long timers and particular senses of humor and inside jokes where others get a laugh when they point it out - others not so much. 
I can watch from the sidelines or just take it elsewhere. 
Plenty of other places to post and drink the “Kool Aid.”

5 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Dude this place just puts up with your incessant whining over every single model run.  There’s a reason people put white dots over your house when making snow maps - because you never, ever stop whining about what YOUR’RE going to get. There’s not a lot of posters here so it makes it even more obvious.
Would love to post more and be a part of this group and community but it seems to be kind of “locked in” with long timers and particular senses of humor and inside jokes where others get a laugh when they point it out - others not so much. 
I can watch from the sidelines or just take it elsewhere. 
Plenty of other places to post and drink the “Kool Aid.”

The dots are because there is a running joke that I don't do well snow-wise wherever I am. That is THE inside joke that I thought everybody was aware of. Much of the time is people TEASING me and giving me a hard time about being in the screw zone. Yes, I tend to be negative...and when people on here remind me of it, I try to dial it back. I don't just point out negatives about model runs. In fact, I have been discussing how it looks like there is a good possibility of a WNW flow this week. Does this get many responses? Perhaps part of it is people like to feed off the negative and drama as well? There are times when I try to have normal weather discussion as well. Sorry that the negativity clouds out the times when I am just chatting about the weather and funny things that pop up.

• Like 1

First and only forecast on snow amounts in case I end up falling asleep again like last night. Congrats to the BUF-ROC crew on being the forum jackpot for this one!

Still like the chances for those of you on the BUF cwa border (Matt, Syrmax etc) to get a low end warning snowfall of around 8".

For the rest of us off to the S and E, we will have to accept our slopfest and enjoy the storm vicariously through our our more fortunate posters while hoping the Thursday-Friday storm yields a better result.

Screenshot_20210214-234848_Gmail.thumb.jpg.c1e7ac85a98ebbe57d2c588605e95d45.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

First and only forecast on snow amounts in case I end up falling asleep again like last night. Congrats to the BUF-ROC crew on being the forum jackpot for this one!

Still like the chances for those of you on the BUF cwa border (Matt, Syrmax etc) to get a low end warning snowfall of around 8".

For the rest of us off to the S and E, we will have to accept our slopfest and enjoy the storm vicariously through our our more fortunate posters while hoping the Thursday-Friday storm yields a better result.

Got hi rez Canadian snow map?

4 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Nice map. Bummed for you and our Eastern NY friends who are going to miss out on much of the snowfall. Wish we could all cash in nicely on one. 

8 inches is a good call for here...especially with probably lower ratios than originally thought.

• Like 1

It's inevitable that most of CNY mix's to an extent but I still think places North and West of the Cuse stay mostly frozen throughout this event. We better thank our lucky stars that this SLP is booking through the Northeast cause if it was to slow down just a bit, we'd all be screwed, lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Euro shifted its heaviest axis NW by about 80 miles in 12 hours. At least most of us stay on the colder side. Obviously, sleet will be the issue. And dryslot (good call BufWX). Looks like BUF-Roc is the sweet spot. Any further movement NW and it’s out of the good stuff for Rochacha. Hard to see BUF or IAG getting tainted at this point. 
I gotta sleep. 

• Like 1