Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 11-12 winter storm

LVblizzard

1 minute ago, ChescoWx said:

Flakes getting a bit larger here in NW Chesco temp down to 28.4 - will measure at midnight but a solid coating so far

It's real easy to get flakes larger than an atom from an hour ago. Damn, they were small. A littler larger here as well but not ground breaking.

Roads covered, this event is the definition of a refresher...28F here as well.

I don't think we'll ever hit mod intensity and forget about heavy....

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

It's real easy to get flakes larger than an atom from an hour ago. Damn, they were small. A littler larger here as well but not ground breaking.

Roads covered, this event is the definition of a refresher...28F here as well.

I don't think we'll ever hit mod intensity and forget about heavy....

It's at least moderate here, but the radar to the west is now looking a little less inspiring than it was.

11 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

The best I had so far was a "steady" light snow. The flakes were consistent but so damn small!

Overall happy, everything has whitened up and I'm expecting 2" or so....

Just measured an inch, deer are out in the yard, beautiful outside! I'm leaning lower here based on the radar, thinking 2", open to more of course!

Just now, KamuSnow said:

Just measured an inch, deer are out in the yard, beautiful outside! I'm leaning lower here based on the radar, thinking 2", open to more of course!

Believe or not I see more fox around here than deer. They're super mellow and just go about their business. I was on the North Wales facebook community page and people said the same w/pictures.

Taking a Jebwalk to Wawa shortly for a coffee and to be outside. Nothing like big snow mounds around you, peaceful in the middle of the night while it's snowing....

28F / light snow

• Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Believe or not I see more fox around here than deer. They're super mellow and just go about their business. I was on the North Wales facebook community page and people said the same w/pictures.

Taking a Jebwalk to Wawa shortly for a coffee and to be outside. Nothing like big snow mounds around you, peaceful in the middle of the night while it's snowing....

28F / light snow

Nice - enjoy!

As of about 2 am, we have 2.25" OTG at 28F in Metuchen.  That's 3/4" the last hour and radar/intensity have let up a bit, but I'd still guess we have 1/4-1/2" per hour snow.  Hoping we make it to my 3" prediction for my house, which we should as long as the precip from PA doesn't dry up - it's on the lighter side, but a few hours would do it.  Regardless, what a beautiful snowfall - at its height we had about 1"/hr rates for over an hour with very nice, fluffy, dry, but smallish dendrites.   

4 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

28F / light snow

I had two bunnies frolicking in the gentle falling snow here. Think I saw a field mouse as well tonight. 

4 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

28F / light snow

Speaking of snow mounds, the most epic Kamu snowpile exists in the Modell's/Shoprite lot on Street Rd in Warminster. Easily 15 feet high and 25 feet long. It looks like they took most of the snow in that huge lot and just piled into one huge mountain. That will be there til May easily.