• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yiuyiuya
    Newest Member
    yiuyiuya
Super Bowl Sunday Snow Show

Stovepipe

Moderate snow coming down now pretty good. Quarter sized flakes. Had apparently been in a lul for awhile as we just couldn’t get any heavy returns to pass overhead. At this rate maybe we will make it to an inch, but just not really sure.

I'm sure I had a bit of melting/compaction overnight, but I ended up with right at 2" this morning. Fantastic little event for many of us. Sounds like the models were spot on with the finger of slightly heavier accums back into southern middle TN and for the Plateau. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John1122 said:

I figured you'd have 2-3 inches at least. I wonder if you were downsloped in the same way that NE areas were expected to be downsloped.  Cross Mtn/Frozenhead runs similarly from SW to NE.

We had the dreaded S winds as the sun set up here last night. It did feel a little colder than last night though. The downslope could have been a part of it, but I suspect it was a boundary layer warm nose that was banking up against the plateau. I know that sounds weird, but the Hi Res models were showing me just barely on the edge of it. 

NAM 3km (just as an example of what I was worried about):

BWL9966.png

Just heard on the News a report of 4 inches in Wartburg. I may drive up that way later this AM to see where the line ended up being. 

This was a flop for me.  The radar is dying and I am at at maybe .2 of an inch of wet slop on the grass.  I do not think I had snow fall without rain mixed in at any time throughout the night.  Congrats to all who saw snow.  It would be a miracle if we could get a good general snow for the whole area like i remember as a child.  Growing up it happened quite often.  It now seems like such an extremely rare event.

41 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

We had the dreaded S winds as the sun set up here last night. It did feel a little colder than last night though. The downslope could have been a part of it, but I suspect it was a boundary layer warm nose that was banking up against the plateau. I know that sounds weird, but the Hi Res models were showing me just barely on the edge of it. 

NAM 3km (just as an example of what I was worried about):

BWL9966.png

Just heard on the News a report of 4 inches in Wartburg. I may drive up that way later this AM to see where the line ended up being. 

I-75 was virtually impassable at mm 130 with nothing at 129, which is Rocky Top. That's been a snow line for a ton of similar storms in my life. You may have solved the why for me with that post. 

• Like 1