• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    zurn
    Newest Member
    zurn

Super Bowl Sunday Snow Show

Warm nose is doing its work here. We got down to 34 as the precip started and even got some flakes mixed in. Now up to 36.5. I think it’s time to put a nail in this one for my area. Temp May continue to climb overnight. 

• Sad 2

[mention=11228]ShawnEastTN[/mention] is it doing anything? Haven’t seen him on either, must be sharing a beer with Holston.
Interestingly enough my temp has begun falling quickly, 20 minutes ago was 40 now 35 raining at a good clip with maybe a few partially melted flakes mixing in. Heavier precip is crashing the temp nicely.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

HRRR was too quick on the changeover here.  It had shown me as all snow at this point but had shown precip here at 11pm and it literally didn't get here until 11:55 roughly.

The cold seems to be very rate driven and it's colder to the south of me under heavier rates  regardless of elevation right now.  

I'm probably going to come in under the  predicted totals it was throwing out but hopefully it goes full snow here before too long.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John1122 said:

It briefly seemed to start as rain/sleet mix here. Once it gets heavier there (which looks like anytime) I'd say it will switch over pretty quickly. It's 33 at my house now and was 37 when it started.

HRRR was too quick on the changeover here.  It had shown me as all snow at this point but had shown precip here at 11pm and it literally didn't get here until 11:55 roughly.
The cold seems to be very rate driven and it's colder to the south of me under heavier rates  regardless of elevation right now.  
I'm probably going to come in under the  predicted totals it was throwing out but hopefully it goes full snow here before too long.  

Was you getting virga around 11 though? I doubt the mods are good enough to know if it’s hitting the ground.

2 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Was you getting virga around 11 though? I doubt the mods are good enough to know if it’s hitting the ground.

No, the radar was blank here at 11. I did have some virga earlier. 

• Like 1

Exactly, I've not heard that against my windows in a long time.  

I’ve got fatties mixing in. About 75/25 sleet/snow

• Weenie 1