Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

It pretty much stalls then transfers.  It's probably not going to happen that way but it has real potential to give @Wmsptwx his predicted big snow.  I will be surprised if there are not a few EPS members that wallop PA that weekend. 

That storm that you mention late next week into next weekend needs watched for CTP winter storm potential. It would not take much with the right track and timing to pull the available cold air into the storm.

CTP is starting to mention the Monday winter weather chance.

As the cold air begins to recede early next week, we could see
some precipitation return to the area. There are timing
differences in the medium-range models, with the 10/12z GFS
bringing light precip into central PA Sun night/early Monday
while the 10/00z ECMWF holds the precip off until Monday
night/early Tues. Regardless of exact timing, it could be cold
enough, initially, for a bit of wintry precip early next week.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

HH Eps hints at this potential.  Fast fwd h5 looks intriguing :popcorn:

Looks to be our best chance at something big.  GFS's looks somewhat juicy early next week but they are on an island with leading that energy out in front.  Does make for fun times watching all the  wishcasting it away on the MA.  

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

That 0z Euro map has the Lehigh Valley and northern NJ bullseye correct. That area has been the bullseye most of this season.

based on track/evolution, that's where I'd put my money....including Wspt and points ENE.  

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Need to get the southwest wind cranking and it'll be off to the races. We need 30 degrees to get to your mark - possible, but I'd like to see it a little warmer than what it is now. 

I would expect to see some local/Wxunderground therm's hit 80 today...then 20 Saturday Am.  

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

The daily max temp record for Harrisburg for March 11 is the "softest" of the entire month, at only 69 set in 1977.  Almost all the surrounding day records are upper 70s to low 80s.  That puppy is due to be broken and I don't think there's much doubt we take it down today, probably by a substantial margin.

Good to know - that is pretty amazing that the record is that low for this date. She's toast. Probably. Maybe. :) 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Good to know - that is pretty amazing that the record is that low for this date. She's toast. Probably. Maybe. :) 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Quite possible - by the way, I made a nice 6 degree jump in the past 18 minutes...

Every Meso I just looked at shows 73-80 for MDT :-).