Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

Just now, TimB84 said:

If it’s okay for a Western PA person to barge in here, I would note that 5th in vaccines given should be expected as the bare minimum for a state that is 5th in population as we are.

Yea, indeed. But that skews numbers down the line, especially when looking at both completed. 

Things are improving quickly. It doesn’t feel like it, but in two years we’ll look back at how quickly the vaccine ps are administered and be in awe. 

The other issue is people skipping the line/lying or a 28 year old in Philly making appointment in Lock Haven - it screws up the algorithm for a bit. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

Yea, indeed. But that skews numbers down the line, especially when looking at both completed. 

Things are improving quickly. It doesn’t feel like it, but in two years we’ll look back at how quickly the vaccine ps are administered and be in awe. 

The other issue is people skipping the line/lying or a 28 year old in Philly making appointment in Lock Haven - it screws up the algorithm for a bit. 

Here’s a point open for debate on that matter. Someone I know in Pittsburgh went to a county in NW PA to get the vaccine because they qualified as 1A (under 40, obese but not morbidly so) because the rollout has been slow in Allegheny County. I don’t see that as an ethics concern, but maybe others do.

That said, the fact that any Pennsylvanians, let alone nearly 1 in 10, are vaccinated on the anniversary of the pandemic is incredibly impressive.

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Here’s a point open for debate on that matter. Someone I know in Pittsburgh went to a county in NW PA to get the vaccine because they qualified as 1A (under 40, obese but not morbidly so) because the rollout has been slow in Allegheny County. I don’t see that as an ethics concern, but maybe others do.

It’s not an ethics concern, but it’s one less shot for the 80 year old who can’t drive there. It’s unavoidable (without forcing ID checks), but it does skew the original supply. 

PA has requested 400,000 vaccines this week and got half of it. But the think next week it’ll be closer. 

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

It’s not an ethics concern, but it’s one less shot for the 80 year old who can’t drive there. It’s unavoidable (without forcing ID checks), but it does skew the original supply. 

PA has requested 400,000 vaccines this week and got half of it. But the think next week it’ll be closer. 

I also know of people who have flat out lied about being 1A, and they are monsters.

But this is a tough topic. I would argue that more densely populated counties have much more risk of covid spread and that they should be prioritized over rural counties in the rollout, but that’s also up for debate.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow, Duke's Basketball Season over due to Covid.  Lots of banter today but that was a shocker. 

Wonder if they would have done the same if they were 1st in the ACC and national title contenders rather than a 10th place in the ACC bubble team.

As I recall, however, last year at this time before everything got shut down, they were already talking about not playing in the tournament. So Duke errs on the side of caution.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Wonder if they would have done the same if they were 1st in the ACC and national title contenders rather than a 10th place in the ACC bubble team.

That's a great point and one I was thinking myself. I know Coach K was pretty adamant in the beginning of the season not to even have a season but the ACC went on as other conferences did.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

UVA was way down.  Not thinking they defend their title with this team.  LOL.  Michigan is a power house when healthy. 

2 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Go Blue!!! Hope we get Eli Brooks back or we’re a very vulnerable one seed for sure. Congrats on win over cuse Bubbler, that game was a straight up thriller.

The end of the Cuse game was crazy. Good win UVA. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

UVA was way down.  Not thinking they defend their title with this team.  LOL.  Michigan is a power house when healthy. 

Not every year the Big Ten has four legitimate national title contenders.

Edit: Three. Didn’t realize Ohio State went into a tailspin down the stretch, though that pleases me.