Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Wow, I'm at 62. 

What happened to the rain tonight? It looks like barely even enough to wetten the dirt. 

Most the lower 70's are a bit south of you.  Seems to indicate some backdoor NEerly winds as its still in the 50's to your North and East.

Yea that late week rain has been dwindling a bit.

image.png.8d1418c3c41be68c68733c45f5722a30.png

Saw the vaccine thread on the MA.  More lovely, friendly convo.  But made me think, we seem to be REALLY behind here in PA.  I have a friend who said to not expect it opening until June or July as to general population.  That seems extreme.  Anyone hearing anything here?   I know my parents are in the first group and have been unable to secure it yet so they are definitely  behind. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Saw the vaccine thread on the MA.  More lovely, friendly convo.  But made me think, we seem to be REALLY behind here in PA.  I have a friend who said to not expect it opening until June or July as to general population.  That seems extreme.  Anyone hearing anything here?   I know my parents are in the first group and have been unable to secure it yet so they are definitely  behind. 

It is definitely behind, I am not sure how far behind and I am not sure of the issue for it to be behind right now. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I did see a chart on Tuesday that PA was dead last in the country in % of population vaccinated, at 8.1%. That's all I know, and I came across that looking for something else. 

Seems to be some pretty significant temp variations in the area per your wunderground map above. My wife says it's 68 at home, I have an unofficial 75 here at work. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I did see a chart on Tuesday that PA was dead last in the country in % of population vaccinated, at 8.1%. That's all I know, and I came across that looking for something else. 

Seems to be some pretty significant temp variations in the area per your wunderground map above. My wife says it's 68 at home, I have an unofficial 75 here at work. 

I see its still in the 50's in eastern areas of the state.  Cool Ocean breezes I guess.   Its 73 here and very windy.  

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

PA is doing fine - not great but middle of the road. We’re 5th in vaccines given. 

Part of the issue was county commissioners not letting the state immediately establish countywide vaccine sites. Gotta run your own fiefdom, ya know. 

But they expect the supply to ramp up greatly in 2 weeks. They’re doing 110k a day now. By mid to late May it’ll be phase 2.  

Just now, canderson said:

PA is doing fine - not great but middle of the road. We’re 5th in vaccines given. 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Assuming both of these are correct, its easy to see how misunderstandings happen.  Worst in the country percentage wise but 5th in total given. 

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Part of the issue was county commissioners not letting the state immediately establish countywide vaccine sites. Gotta run your own fiefdom, ya know. 

But they expect the supply to ramp up greatly in 2 weeks. They’re doing 110k a day now. By mid to late May it’ll be phase 2.  

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Assuming both of these are correct, its easy to see how misunderstandings happen.  Worst in the country percentage wise but 5th in total given. 

I got my information from WGAL's website - they listed each state #1 down to #50 by percentage of those vaccinated. We WERE dead last. Having a higher total population than many, our total number of vaccines given should be higher than most, but #5 is surprising. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Looks like with today's update, PA is now ranked 38th by percentage administered. As Canderson said, we are ramping up...

We have to at some point.  When people in their 70's or 80's are not able to get it but neighboring states are opening general population there is a bit of a disconnect. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I got my information from WGAL's website - they listed each state #1 down to #50 by percentage of those vaccinated. We WERE dead last. Having a higher total population than many, our total number of vaccines given should be higher than most, but #5 is surprising. 

It’s the delay in 2nd shots that skews the number. It can be better - but the waste is minimal. It’s ultimately a supply issue (that’s getting better). 

PA’s Phase 1A is also the biggest in the nation. It’s literally 1/3 of the state. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

We have to at some point.  When people in their 70's or 80's are not able to get it but neighboring states are opening general population there is a bit of a disconnect. 

New numbers for PA:

• 19.5% 1st dose
  • 9.1% fully vaccinated

Those numbers are significantly higher than the beginning of the week.