Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I think UVA is still a go for the NCAA right now but a situation where a team  in the NCAA is playing someone that gets covid and they get a free pass on to the next round while their opponent there did not get the free pass and had to play an extra game.  That seems a little worrisome.  We shall see.   I am actually questioning if UVA really needed to cancel their game.  Are the rules too strict?

I think they’re being cautious so it’s all sorted out for the big dance and not cancelling those. If this becomes more widespread, they may need to lengthen breaks between rounds, only real answer. No one wants to watch Mercer play Drexel for sweet 16 or something lol.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Next Shoefly Pie, Whoopie Pies, Lebanon boloney, fasnacht on me? :P 

LOL.  The word Boloney is the password to get into any native only Lancaster parties now.  If one answers bologna they not allowed in.  The old system had to be changed as too many people have been trained how to say Lancaster correctly so they could trick the system. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL.  The word Boloney is the password to get into any native only Lancaster parties now.  If one answers bologna they not allowed in.  The old system had to be changed as too many people have been trained how to say Lancaster correctly so they could trick the system. 

HAHA! I definitely did that intentionally since that's what it's ALWAYS called there. lol.... I actually deleted "bologna" and put that. haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Dropped from 53 this AM to 48 so far today.  Was not totally expecting that.  When the sun finally comes out I still think we push 60 here. 

Per your post earlier about temps only rising 5-7 degrees today, I agreed with your sentiment. 

We were both wrong. After starting at 57, I'm currently sunny and 72!

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Orioles edged out the Redsox last shortened season lol .  Actually Os played competitive ball for majority of the 60 games . They weren't near as horrific as media and experts were saying.  Hopefully this season some youngins can continue to step up particularly pitching.  

I am a Sox fan but I like the O's too.  I was just playing off Training's comment about lack of fans.   I know in Tampa the stadium was always fullest when the Yanks or Sox came to town.  Sox blew chunks last year though.

Way to keep up on the snow chances for Tue in the MA forum.  1" snow and .10" of ice is still something to track and enjoy if one is into that. 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Orioles edged out the Redsox last shortened season lol .  Actually Os played competitive ball for majority of the 60 games . They weren't near as horrific as media and experts were saying.  Hopefully this season some youngins can continue to step up particularly pitching.  

Long time O's partial season ticket holder here since the mid 1980s. Last year's team was super fun to watch - I'm concerned we take a step back this year. Hopefully not.

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

The O’s announcing a 24% capacity limit is like Vail, Colorado, issuing a winter weather advisory in January. Needless. 

I remember Fenway routinely hosting crowds of 10,000-15,000 when I was growing up. I don't care where you play outside of LA, if you don't win regularly fans will not show up.

23 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I grew up with my parents within walking distance( long walk lol)of Memorial stadium and my bro and I were part of the Junior Orioles public school program and went to like 25 - 40 games a year from early to late 80s . 

Great memories for me of bumper to bumper parking in the old Eastern High School lot.  :)