Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 31-Feb. 2 Miller B storm

LVblizzard

2 minutes ago, jrodd321 said:

Justin! Dude it’s been too long. Yeah man I bought my first house this past March! I’m up in Gilbertsville now in upper Montgo so I’m hoping to finally reap the benefits of being well NW of the city now! Hope you’ve been well too dude!!

Hey J Rodden, It's Jonathan Sharp. Haven't communicated in awhile. Hope all is well.

3 minutes ago, Newman said:

Me too, I would love to see an entire SE PA jackpot and spread the love to all in this sub. But I have an uneasy feeling about this one still. Maybe it's PTSD from the past, maybe it's a legit concern

I think all the super crazy totals from the last 24 hrs has many assuming this is the one. Thats where the letdown can often happen. I know I will be disappointed if I end up with the SREF 6.5" but at the end of the day, if this were progged to be a 2-4" event that would be a major win...in a Niña.  Perhaps that's the way this needs to be viewed....as a nuisance storm and reap the rewards of anything more than minor totals. Meh, easier said than done after having 14-22" totals dangled in front of you all day. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I think all the super crazy totals from the last 24 hrs has many assuming this is the one. Thats where the letdown can often happen. I know I will be disappointed if I end up with the SREF 6.5" but at the end of the day, if this were progged to be a 2-4" event that would be a major win...in a Niña.  Perhaps that's the way this needs to be viewed....as a nuisance storm and reap the rewards of anything more than minor totals. Meh, easier said than done after having 14-22" totals dangled in front of you all day. 

6.5” only will NOT happen 

• Confused 1

Someone bump this if i meltdown in the next 3 days lol... But if I get over 6 inches, I'll still be happy. That would still be a good storm, nothing memorable but after the awfulness of last year, 2 separate 6" events before February in a mod-strong nina is pretty good... 

With that said, let's make this a historical one because why not?

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

As psuhoffman noted in MA forum, NAM is chasing the convection with the low.  It’s wrong.  We’ve seen this movie before

Clear trend here at 500mb compared to 18z. Look at the sharper trough and better oriented PVA into the region. A.k.a "this should've came even further west".

500hv.conus.png

500hv.conus.png

• Like 1