Total Members
    Most Online
    Avon
    Newest Member
    Avon
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

Just now, ForestHillbilly said:

The storm thread has become hard to follow. So is this second part not going to pan out for those North of Balt (below Mason Dixon) as well?

I haven’t been paying attention, but I don’t know if anyone is sure enough to provide an answer for that. It might just be something that will reveal itself once it happens.

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I love those. I've harped on it before but with everything that has happened in the last year, it's good to disconnect, get outside, and just enjoy the beauty that is accessible to us. One of my favorite pictures comes from a tough time...I was just walking along a quiet road when I saw this. I think about it every so often. 

Iwftj8E.jpg

Thank you so much!  And that picture you shared is awesome!  Yes, as soul-crushing as this past year has been in many ways, getting out and realizing there is still beauty in the world helps.  I've perhaps taken more photos in the last year than in any other year, to be honest.  It's a hobby of mine to be sure, but with everything else going on now, it's also an escape where I look for things to photograph.  Also has the added effect of helping me improve my technique and vision in that regard, too, LOL!

• Like 1

Pretty amazing how suppression never really came into play.  It’s snowing up to S NY.  We are to the point where you can maybe get excited about 24-36 hours before a storm.  I had 40 inches of modeled snow last Tuesday on the Euro.  I will end up with about 10% of that.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, caviman2201 said:

Does anyone else make a special meal on snow days? Apologies if this conversation happened already.

My wife is making scratch made beef pho (has been all day) and I'm enjoying Talisker 10 smelling the amazingness

I like to make my wife Italian sausage with white cream gravy on snow days.  She gobbles it up.  But not something she eats often.  Just special occasions like snow days. Normally she eats very little meat.  Snow days are special. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

Does anyone else make a special meal on snow days? Apologies if this conversation happened already.

My wife is making scratch made beef pho (has been all day) and I'm enjoying Talisker 10 smelling the amazingness

Back when I was shoveling the big dumps (ie. 2010 and the like) I'd order a whole bunch of food from a local Thai restaurant the day before the fun started.

Shovel.

Serving of Pad See Ew.

Shovel some more.

Spring rolls.

Shovel again.

Goong Tod.

Some more.

Honey roast pork with rice.

Etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caviman2201 said:

in 2016 i spent 2 days making pho.

i had planned to sous vide a whole, bone-in turkey breast for tomorrow, but i got my immersion circulator wet and now it's fried. ugh.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

That was really close to giving us a major snow from the second half of this. Around 5” for you in part 1?

Last I was out average between 4.5" - 4.75"

It is super close is right.  Definitely a few inches over the next 2 days . My brother in Jacobus,Pa ( south of York)might get another 6-12" 

Family and friends on Long Island where I grew up texting with 1-2 foot forecasts, gusts to 50. This one stings. It was sampled as our storm 5 days ago. “King euro” terminology should be barred from this forum. It’s a used to be king euro. It has sucked since summer. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic