• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yuyuer0221
    Newest Member
    yuyuer0221

Dec 29-Jan 2 potential storm event

54 minutes ago, kevlon62 said:

Well, hoping to overperform the apparent lack of expectations and tag a legit 2-4" snow event today. Was hoping the outlook would at least lead to an SWS here on the LOT northern tier.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wonder if this will be a repeat of Wed. 

Got a surprise 1.5 SN with wave 1, just enough early morning ice out of wave 2 to turn my dogs onto Nazi Punks F&$k Off, I'll gladly take this out of wave 3 and cash out until the 15th:thumbsup:

snku_acc.us_mw.png

• Weenie 1

Got a surprise 1.5 SN with wave 1, just enough early morning ice out of wave 2 to turn my dogs onto Nazi Punks F&$k Off, I'll gladly take this out of wave 3 and cash out until the 15th:thumbsup:

snku_acc.us_mw.png&key=6f1d32a0430125af694704f9b45e0653eb551cd1bd549a1fa7809dc16e8b33aa

Not to burst your bubble, but toss the NAM.

Too far NE with event 1 and this current 2nd event, and already a far SE outlier for that 3rd event.

• Thanks 1

Large corridor across the SGF (Springfield MO), EAX (Kansas City) and LSX (St Louis) CWA’s ended up with 0.25-0.50”+ ice accrual.

1 minute ago, Chicago Storm said:

Not to burst your bubble, but toss the NAM.

Too far NE with event 1 and this current 2nd event, and already a far SE outlier for that 3rd event.

Can't burst my bubble, I live in north central IN climo hell lol.  HRRR gives me a little love too with wave 3. It'll all turn to mud anyway, I'll take the eye candy if I can get it ;)

kitchen sink has commenced. Sure hope I can  eek out 2-3" before it ends tonight. LOT spot on with start time.

• Like 1

Description: Ice Storm
Magnitude:
Report Time: 09:22 am CST - 1/1/2021
Remarks: PINE TREE BRANCHES FALLING OFF, LARGEST BEING 8IN DIAMETER. BRANCHES ARE BREAKING OFF FROM THE TRUNK

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, StormChaser4Life said:

That dry slot is really pushing north. Curious if precip will fill in more later. Deformation band seems so west and a pretty wide dry slot 

I've been watching the south edge creep north faster than the north edge is creeping north. Really don't want any freezing rain here.

Not doing much of anything here yet. Band set up a couple miles to my north. Expecting the kitchen sink then an inch or two of snow as the low pulls east. Remember when the models had the surface low lifting into Iowa?

• Haha 2

Ice is under performing in our area. ZR started around 7:30 EST and although it has been raining steadily since then, our accretion is only about 0.07". Radar and surface obs  indicate a flip to plain rain with the next hour or two. I'm really happy about that. We don't need no stinking power outages.

Models didn't depict this dry slot very well. Seems a lot more north and broader than forecasted. It's about pushed into Peoria. Hoping that deformation band can work its magic here later. 

Phone died out at the park but after a few flurries at start, flipped to about 30 minutes of sleet and freezing rain. Then to snow. Solid dusting on the untreated paved surfaces.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Primarily freezing rain now.  Temp is 30.

I had a nice burst of snow. Started 45 minutes ago, and ended around 11AM.  Dusted the ground.  

4 minutes ago, TheRegionRat said:

I had a nice burst of snow. Started 45 minutes ago, and ended around 11AM.  Dusted the ground.  

Yep just enough snow/sleet for a coating here.

38 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Will be interesting to see what happens about 5-10 miles south of here as far as ice amounts.

:thumbsdown: