Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

Never good news seeing a totally dead fourm the last day of December. I guess we're waiting on the unicorn blocking to start (like every winter).

I’m off work for the week, def don’t check this place often when not in front of a computer lol. Been a wonderfully lazy week 

• Like 3

Met up with @nw baltimore wx at Terrapin Park on Kent Island yesterday. We drank some of his pumpkin ale out of red plastic cups, shootin' the shit across the bed of his truck. I don't think the people walking by probably thought we were sipping lemonade.

Pretty sure I got the better end of the trade- a growler of the pumpkin ale for 3 RAR First Meal Stouts. Drinking some now. Pretty similar to the FD Fear. Might lean a tad towards a winter warmer.

Good stuff!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I will be hanging out in here and drinking beer until my yard gets pummeled by digital snow on some random op run. 

Drooling over epic h5 looks with no cold air around has become uninteresting lol.

That’s why I barely scan the LR right now. Modeled great looks that seemingly get pushed back or change. When it shows a storm with some cold then I’ll care. Otherwise it’s wish in one hand, shit in the other and see which fills first. 

Happy New Year’s Eve. Let’s hope 2021 is better for everyone except some 

• Like 2

Just now, H2O said:

That’s why I barely scan the LR right now. Modeled great looks that seemingly get pushed back or change. When it shows a storm with some cold then I’ll care. Otherwise it’s wish in one hand, shit in the other and see which fills first. 

Happy New Year’s Eve. Let’s hope 2021 is better for everyone except some 

Same to you friend.

The h5 looks are holding, and now at least we are seeing advertised rainers taking good tracks. Progress!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

Agree but like you said, so long as the Ravens take care of their business, it shouldnt matter. But lets hope he doesnt test positive and is out for playoff week 1

Since the test was inconclusive, you would think If he tested negative 2 straight days he would be able to play Sunday. Not sure what the exact protocol is in that case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Since the test was inconclusive, you would think If he tested negative 2 straight days he would be able to play Sunday. Not sure what the exact protocol is in that case.

Yes, im pretty sure thats the case...Id assume we will hear something today or tomorrow about it

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I will be hanging out in here and drinking beer until my yard gets pummeled by digital snow on some random op run. 

Drooling over epic h5 looks with no cold air around has become uninteresting lol.

Ok this is close enough. Finally seeing some outcomes that align with the h5 looks..

1610150400-x2l6LMhHkDg.png

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Ravens might not have a punter for the game on Sunday. If they are serious about the playoffs, they really shouldn't need to punt.

I’d not risk Tucker to a fluke injury and let a bum punt.

29 minutes ago, CAPE said:

@nw baltimore wx

What's the abv on this? I would guess 9% or so.

Fun chat yesterday, and yeah, the red solo cups were a dead giveaway. The ABV should be 9ish %, but this batch is a little thinner because of new equipment I used. It’s 7.8%.

• Like 1

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I’d not risk Tucker to a fluke injury and let a bum punt.

Fun chat yesterday, and yeah, the red solo cups were a dead giveaway. The ABV should be 9ish %, but this batch is a little thinner because of new equipment I used. It’s 7.8%.

Yeah I agree. I am sure there are a couple big dudes who were pass/punt/kick champs when they were teens.

And yes it was fun. This beer is polished. Very good effort. I have tasted plenty of "home brews" and a lot of them miss the mark by a lot. I am guessing you have been there. Like anything else, takes time and experience, and mastering the subtleties. Speaking of which...try that RAR yet? I ain't subtle!

• Thanks 1

Just now, CAPE said:

Yeah I agree. I am sure there are a couple big dudes who were pass/punt/kick champs when they were teens.

And yes it was fun. This beer is polished. Very good effort. I have tasted plenty of "home brews" and a lot of them miss the mark by a lot. I am guessing you have been there. Like anything else, takes time and experience, and mastering the subtleties. Speaking of which...try that RAR yet? I ain't subtle!

Knowing your taste in beer, that’s quite the compliment. Thank you! And yes, there’s been a learning curve, but I have always said that the biggest thing that has changed homebrewing from when I started in the 90’s is the availability of cleaning and sterilizing products. We’ve come a long way from a “capful or two of bleach.” Also the availability of quality products especially yeast makes a huge difference.

I’ll have the Black and Cran Sour available in a couple days, so I’ll let you and @Baltimorewx know how it turned out. When this is Covid deal is all over, I’d be happy to host a get-together or just bring a couple of kegs to somewhere else. And a cooler of Pabst for @losetoa6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic