Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2020/2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

53 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Quite the turn of events now for Thursday. ICON is all frozen...brief thump but mostly ice...again. 

Cmc is close to all frozen as well. Gfs shifted pretty significantly east as well with the low. Good trends today for an all frozen event Thursday. Tuesday still looks like a washout for most except those in the lehigh valley.

• Like 1

Just now, The Iceman said:

Cmc is close to all frozen as well. Gfs shifted pretty significantly east as well with the low. Good trends today for an all frozen event Thursday. Tuesday still looks like a washout for most except those in the lehigh valley.

Agreed on Tuesday DAY....but Monday evening thru sunup Tuesday will be bad. The damage will be done. Especially N and W. Models coming in juicier also now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

No doubt. Maybe we thump out 3-5" prior?

Too much volatility...

Another wait and see (but much waffling in between)!

Last night on 11pm NBC10, Steve Sasna said we had caught a break for Monday Tuesday because the models had warmed...NOW look where we are less than 24 hours later (and it may/will change again by tomorrow evening)!

This widespread deep snowpack has A LOT of staying power that no models will forecast accurately...Seen it many times over many years!!

14 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

Too much volatility...

Another wait and see (but much waffling in between)!

Last night on 11pm NBC10, Steve Sasna said we had caught a break for Monday Tuesday because the models had warmed...NOW look where we are less than 24 hours later (and it may/will change again by tomorrow evening)!

This widespread deep snowpack has A LOT of staying power that no models will forecast accurately...Seen it many times over many years!!

Are you mixing up the events? Tonight is a no go. This event is Thursday that has the chance for legit snowfall. 

Was thinking about starting my first thread for the event since were under 4 days, but idk haha

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Are you mixing up the events? Tonight is a no go. This event is Thursday that has the chance for legit snowfall. 

Was thinking about starting my first thread for the event since were under 4 days, but idk haha

I will second that motion, but if you want to wait a few hours that's okay. Euro (and all models actually) have been trending that way. You won't jinx it, lol.

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Wentzadelphia said:

It's all yours :lol: you've been highlighting this period for weeks, it only seems right you start the thread even if it evolved much different than we originally thought.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, Wentzadelphia said:

No, it WAS in reference to Thursday’s event...

I was responding to “a lot of mixing on pivotal clown map” and Ralph’s response to that. 

I was saying that it was way too early to think about mixing or non-mixing as the models keep waffling on events that are only 24 hours out. 

45 minutes ago, RedSky said:

I would take the 12z ECM Thursday 5" snow with .20" freezing rain- that on top of what will be about 9" of pure sleet density solid ice pack after the rain tonight. The pack would be tank armor. 

Euro is trash at this range this season. Euro H5 also screams Norther. Probably will honk long enough to suck the more southern forums in before jogging N in 48 hrs and giving us slop.

• Like 2

2-4" snow/sleet ending as light rain is realistic expectations are this time. Anything more is gravy but I agree with ralph I'm betting this comes north some as we get closer and we see much more mixing than currently advertised. The cool thing is we should thump hard for snow for a good 1-3 hours. Should be a nice topper to regain what we are about to lose tonight. I bet I lose close to half of my 10" tonight. That half is going to be rock solid though come Wednesday.

• Weenie 1