• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

14 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Same! Hopefully our area could get 1 to 3 inches of lake effect snow tomorrow night and Tuesday just in case something changes with the mid week system.

Yeah well you can keep hoping cause the atmosphere is bone dry from tomorrow evening up until this event were all sweating over, lol!  IDK where the moisture is coming from but then again theres some cold air flowing over the Lake so who really knows at this point

7 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

We may not see any snow here until the New Year which I know is sad but it won't be the first time.  All the snow is in the Alps right now as Northern Italy is completely buried under feet and feet of snow!

I think we'll see snow. It could just be a continuation of the "inch here or there that melts in a day" bull crap we're being accustomed to.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

My location (I've only been here a year and a half) supposedly averages 135ish inches a year. Lots of 3 to 6 inch events are common here. Over recent years, there have been many SW wind lake effect events that have given the goods to the Watertown area and the northern Tug Hill. We need some clippers and synoptic events that give us snowfall from the system and then with the lake influence from behind.

This past Thursday was the biggest event so far with 2 inches. (lol) It's been numerous dustings/coatings/and half inchers that have mostly melted by the end of the day they fall on.

3-6" events are a common thing in the Great Lakes. We haven't had a good clipper in years though. I'm assuming W or NW winds are the best for your region. 

It's been a terrible start to winter, yet again. Dec 2017 was the last best December. Hoping we can turn things around post Dec 20.