Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, raindancewx said:

If you guys want a reason to be optimistic - I had the NAO negative in December. But the Isotherm guy thought it would be negative in January. It looks like December is at least partially right on my end, but that doesn't actually mean his January call is wrong. 

Likewise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I had about 20" in Wilmington, but I think my current spot in Methuen had like 30".

Pretty sure I measured 28” on the west side of town. Used to have a good yardstick photo of that one....but some spots on the other side of Rt 213 and into Haverhill/Bradford had some 30+” reports. Ski Bradford with the jackpot that day lol. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Yes big storm signal but details still need to be ironed out 

With the strong Atlantic blocking in place, I’ve had a feeling that we’d get something good. Of course we are still a week out, but this is New England so these storms tend to find a way to work.

In any case, I’d be thrilled with just half of what the Euro is showing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fozz said:

With the strong Atlantic blocking in place, I’ve had a feeling that we’d get something good. Of course we are still a week out, but this is New England so these storms tend to find a way to work.

In any case, I’d be thrilled with just half of what the Euro is showing.

I will be thrilled  with an inch.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

how does it compare to weatherbell and other paid sites? Does it have UKMET 6hr qpf/mslp panels? i also relaly miss the soundings for the ECMWF on pivotal its behind a paywall now. 

I have the 20 dollar version which isn't equipped with everything.  I just get the basics ( all the models.)

I like it

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I have the 20 dollar version which isn't equipped with everything.  I just get the basics ( all the models.)

I like it

just curious about the GEM/ICON snow map on that site, did you post that earlier?

For the 00Z run.

I really just want soundings for the foriegn models and would love to be able to put them in bufkit, but stuck with american GFS/NAM for that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

just curious about the GEM/ICON snow map on that site, did you post that earlier?

For the 00Z run.

I really just want soundings for the foriegn models and would love to be able to put them in bufkit, but stuck with american GFS/NAM for that.

5fd1ca86ecaf5.png

5fd1ca659c0d6.png

• Thanks 1