• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    First tracks
    Newest Member
    First tracks

November Banter 2020

Everyone is frustrated to some extent by now. I know I am. But I also know the best course of action is to mask up and keep a safe distance from people not in your bubble, until a vaccine is widely available to the general public. I have a class to teach next week, and I, and the students, will be wearing masks. Luckily it is a small group so I can keep them reasonably separated as well. 

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Disagree with you friend on many points but we'll agree to disagree. 

That's fine, but the science is sound. There is nothing baseless about these protocols. They are inconvenient for sure, but sometimes we sacrifice and do things for the greater good. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Everyone is frustrated to some extent by now. I know I am. But I also know the best course of action is to mask up and keep a safe distance from people not in your bubble, until a vaccine is widely available to the general public. I have a class to teach next week, and I, and the students, will be wearing masks. Luckily it is a small group so I and keep them reasonably separated as well. 

8 months I've been on the street in the thick of it in general public  . Everyone is wearing masks,  socially distancing when possible and washing hands . This notion that droves of people aren't is bull. I'm out here every day . We know who is most vulnerable.  We have for months . Resources have been in place for these groups and will continue to be. There's no science that supports schools being shuttered or sports of any kind ..period . The state playing pingpong with businesses is so wrong and unfortunate.  Broad brushing draconian restrictions isn't the the answer.  If there's going to be restrictions then it should be targeted to specific zipcodes or  very county specific. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

8 months I've been on the street in the thick of it in general public  . Everyone is wearing masks,  socially distancing when possible and washing hands . This notion that droves of people aren't is bull. I'm out here every day . We know who is most vulnerable.  We have for months . Resources have been in place for these groups and will continue to be. There's no science that supports schools being shuttered or sports of any kind ..period . 

I agree the majority of people comply and wear masks and socially distance. Is that possible with kids playing organized contact sports though? Kids are natural vectors for disease, even though they may not even exhibit symptoms, and then they go home and spread it in the household.

I appreciate this has been a polite discussion so far, but let’s end it now because I don’t think anyone’s mind is changing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WxUSAF said:

I appreciate this has been a polite discussion so far, but let’s end it now because I don’t think anyone’s mind is changing. 

Thanks. was coming to see what the fuss was about based on reported posts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

This is the most unusual model run at h5 I've ever seen I think. 

gfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-7126400.png

This looks like the Oscar Mayer hot dog weenie mobile

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Weenie 3

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Ravens will be even more limited for the Steelers game, not that it will probably matter much.

Dobbins and Ingram are covid positive, and are out. Gus the Bus or bust?

Big bust.

56 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

This is the most unusual model run at h5 I've ever seen I think. 

gfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-7126400.png

It's the 70 yr old Pamela Anderson pattern wearing too much lipstick and fading silicon in at least one

• Haha 2

That may be the only kind of pattern where the closed low really generates its own cold air.  It’s the baked Alaska pattern.  We are the ice cream. 

1 more week before I pay attention to LR snow chances in earnest. 

33 minutes ago, mappy said:

What type of weenie are you?  Son I am disappoint.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, mappy said:

My cue for paying attention to LR snow chances is 10 weeks after Ji cancels winter for the10th time for the upcoming season.   So yeah, it's getting close! :lol:

58 minutes ago, H2O said:

What type of weenie are you?  Son I am disappoint.

44 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

My cue for paying attention to LR snow chances is 10 weeks after Ji cancels winter for the10th time for the upcoming season.   So yeah, it's getting close! :lol:

LOL sorry -- I dont pay attention until climatological winter begins. 

11 minutes ago, H2O said:

drizzle some ketchup on that and even Ina Garten would eat it.

Seriously dude, seek help.

• Like 2