• Member Statistics

    16,248
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    First tracks
    Newest Member
    First tracks
    Joined
George BM

November Banter 2020

Recommended Posts

Everyone is frustrated to some extent by now. I know I am. But I also know the best course of action is to mask up and keep a safe distance from people not in your bubble, until a vaccine is widely available to the general public. I have a class to teach next week, and I, and the students, will be wearing masks. Luckily it is a small group so I can keep them reasonably separated as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Disagree with you friend on many points but we'll agree to disagree. 

That's fine, but the science is sound. There is nothing baseless about these protocols. They are inconvenient for sure, but sometimes we sacrifice and do things for the greater good. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Everyone is frustrated to some extent by now. I know I am. But I also know the best course of action is to mask up and keep a safe distance from people not in your bubble, until a vaccine is widely available to the general public. I have a class to teach next week, and I, and the students, will be wearing masks. Luckily it is a small group so I and keep them reasonably separated as well. 

8 months I've been on the street in the thick of it in general public  . Everyone is wearing masks,  socially distancing when possible and washing hands . This notion that droves of people aren't is bull. I'm out here every day . We know who is most vulnerable.  We have for months . Resources have been in place for these groups and will continue to be. There's no science that supports schools being shuttered or sports of any kind ..period . The state playing pingpong with businesses is so wrong and unfortunate.  Broad brushing draconian restrictions isn't the the answer.  If there's going to be restrictions then it should be targeted to specific zipcodes or  very county specific. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

8 months I've been on the street in the thick of it in general public  . Everyone is wearing masks,  socially distancing when possible and washing hands . This notion that droves of people aren't is bull. I'm out here every day . We know who is most vulnerable.  We have for months . Resources have been in place for these groups and will continue to be. There's no science that supports schools being shuttered or sports of any kind ..period . 

I agree the majority of people comply and wear masks and socially distance. Is that possible with kids playing organized contact sports though? Kids are natural vectors for disease, even though they may not even exhibit symptoms, and then they go home and spread it in the household.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate this has been a polite discussion so far, but let’s end it now because I don’t think anyone’s mind is changing. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WxUSAF said:

I appreciate this has been a polite discussion so far, but let’s end it now because I don’t think anyone’s mind is changing. 

Thanks. was coming to see what the fuss was about based on reported posts. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

This is the most unusual model run at h5 I've ever seen I think. 

 

gfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-7126400.png

This looks like the Oscar Mayer hot dog weenie mobile

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Weenie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Ravens will be even more limited for the Steelers game, not that it will probably matter much.

Dobbins and Ingram are covid positive, and are out. Gus the Bus or bust?

Big bust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

This is the most unusual model run at h5 I've ever seen I think. 

 

gfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-7126400.png

It's the 70 yr old Pamela Anderson pattern wearing too much lipstick and fading silicon in at least one

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 That may be the only kind of pattern where the closed low really generates its own cold air.  It’s the baked Alaska pattern.  We are the ice cream. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 more week before I pay attention to LR snow chances in earnest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, mappy said:

1 more week before I pay attention to LR snow chances in earnest. 

What type of weenie are you?  Son I am disappoint.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, mappy said:

1 more week before I pay attention to LR snow chances in earnest. 

My cue for paying attention to LR snow chances is 10 weeks after Ji cancels winter for the10th time for the upcoming season.   So yeah, it's getting close! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, H2O said:

What type of weenie are you?  Son I am disappoint.

 

44 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

My cue for paying attention to LR snow chances is 10 weeks after Ji cancels winter for the10th time for the upcoming season.   So yeah, it's getting close! :lol:

LOL sorry -- I dont pay attention until climatological winter begins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, H2O said:

drizzle some ketchup on that and even Ina Garten would eat it.

Seriously dude, seek help.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.