• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

Another frequent lurker, that rarely posts here...

It's been a nearly solid sheet of ice here at my house since Sunday afternoon/evening here with the exception of the highly traveled roads.  I'm just west of Enid on 412.  I'm looking  forward to a potential massive snow myself. 

• Like 1

I do think if you are setting your sights on a 13" snow you are setting yourself up for disappointment. That's why I hate when people see a forecast range of snow... say 3-6"... and then they think they will get 6". 

If you are looking for a decent accumulating snowfall then I think you should be feeling pretty good right about now. I haven't glanced at the ensembles today.... do any of them show a complete miss? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wx 24/7 said:

I do think if you are setting your sights on a 13" snow you are setting yourself up for disappointment. That's why I hate when people see a forecast range of snow... say 3-6"... and then they think they will get 6". 

If you are looking for a decent accumulating snowfall then I think you should be feeling pretty good right about now. I haven't glanced at the ensembles today.... do any of them show a complete miss? 

Spot on. And yes a couple ensemble posts were made a few pages back from the GFS and Euro. Nearly all are showing the area getting slammed. The attached image below is from the latest 18z run on the GFS.

GEFSSGP_prec_snens_222.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wx 24/7 said:

The Oklahoma Mets seem to be pretty guilty of this right now. Putting out a graphic that shows 3/4 of Oklahoma getting 6-12+ at this range seems like a bad idea, especially this far in advance. I thought SGF put out the best graphic of anyone so far.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MUWX said:

The Oklahoma Mets seem to be pretty guilty of this right now. Putting out a graphic that shows 3/4 of Oklahoma getting 6-12+ at this range seems like a bad idea, especially this far in advance. I thought SGF put out the best graphic of anyone so far.

Fortunately a guy I follow the most out of Oklahoma is being realistic. Mike Collier at KJRH Channel 2 in Tulsa. 

https://www.facebook.com/MikeCollierWx/posts/263396651804279

Travis Meyer (KOTV Channel 6 Tulsa) is also pretty cautious on what he posts too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stormdragonwx said:

Fortunately a guy I follow the most out of Oklahoma is being realistic. Mike Collier at KJRH Channel 2 in Tulsa. 

https://www.facebook.com/MikeCollierWx/posts/263396651804279

Travis Meyer (KOTV Channel 6 Tulsa) is also pretty cautious on what he posts too.

Personally, I’m a big fan of the guy in the comment section asking if the output shown is in feet or inches lol 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JoMo said:

About 4 runs until it loses the storm completely for 2 runs, inducing mass panic. 

I am making a grocery run tomorrow afternoon. That should time up quite nicely! ;)

Side note: cooling off here more than forecast. I am down to 14 already. We were supposed to bottom out at 16. Maybe it will steady out.