Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Always 10days away lol

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_42.png

I will say the models did have a good read on the snowstorm for the upper Midwest this week about a week ago, I think climatologically speaking we are a bit early around here but I do think the second week of November is beginning to look interesting 

• Like 1

While geeking out this morning I threw in TWC to keep any semblance of mainstream media out, and they were discussing the snow that has fallen to this point in the inter mountain west and the northern plains/upper Midwest, there’s 13.8% of the United state’s covered in at least 1”of snow or mire the most ever for this date going back in decades. If the snowpack even stays somewhat north of that area into Canada one would think this could help as the days shorten next Sunday to refrigerate any cold intrusions coming down from Canada as we get into November 

• Like 1

What a beautiful morning, huh? Nearing 70° as of 10am.. Bottom falls out tomorrow with a high of 49° and declining temperatures throughout the day..Looks like some flakes were introduced from Monday through Wednesday, albeit a small chance

Monday Night
Rain showers before 2am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Tuesday
A chance of rain and snow showers before 10am, then a chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Tuesday Night
A chance of rain and snow showers after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Wednesday
A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Para still has it..So yeah, we'll see lol

sn10_acc.us_ne (2).png

Just looked at the 12z Euro and it has the same concept, pulls the gulf system north and merges it with the 4 corners low and shoots it into the Ohio valley, the H is right over us maybe but north so the cold would be there, but it doesn’t bring the precip shield past the PA line and keeps it liquid. 

14 hours ago, sferic said:

Snow I hope you mean

Of course!  I’m not sure what other aspect would be historic around here? 

Measurable snow in October is exceedingly rare in Rochester.  Since 1950 we’ve only had 3 days that ever had over 1 inch of snow and never a day with more than 3”.  So seeing these model outputs teasing a foot of snow is pretty amazing! That 0z run is pretty magical, but the tree damage would be catastrophic if one of these runs verifies. Looks like crazy low ratio stuff (that’s if we can actually flip the column via dynamic cooling on the lake plains).