• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

28 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I highly doubt we get a cold/snowy Feb/Mar in a Moderate Nina. More likely cold/snow Dec/Jan and a quick transition into spring. 

It's all about the teleconnections. If we can sustain a -NAO for a change, that would help.

Speaking of teleconnections, where is the new page to see the quad view?

8 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I would take a cold, snowy dec and Jan in a heartbeat. We could easily get huge numbers with wide open lakes and a good storm track.

Yeah I would take a cold/snow Dec/Jan all day. If we get below average temps for those 2 months we're basically guaranteed a good winter. I think the first 2 weeks of Nov are pretty warm and we slowly transition the second half to about average/slightly below. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah I would take a cold/snow Dec/Jan all day. If we get below average temps for those 2 months we're basically guaranteed a good winter. I think the first 2 weeks of Nov are pretty warm and we slowly transition the second half to about average/slightly below. 

Which would give us legit chances for some lake effect events. The avg high as we get to the second half of November is mid to then low 40’s  so it’s not impossible to have a huge event in that timeframe...there’s been plenty of examples.

10 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That sounds good to me.  Anything other than a cold/snowy November followed by a warm/rainy December into January which has been the general story the last few years.  

• Like 3

We had snow nearly everyday up in Oregon/Washington. The elevation there in the mountains really helps. Coldest it got was 11 degrees at the base of the mountain we climbed. That picture I posted was at 10,300 feet. One of the hardest hikes I've ever done. The hike is called south sister, the 3rd tallest in Oregon behind Hood/Jefferson. 

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/oregon/south-sister-trail

Just now, wolfie09 said:

Yup, moving back to the pulaski area..

The old lady has been taking the 45 mile drive almost daily:unsure: 

https://www.remax.com/ny/pulaski/home-details/16-coho-st-pulaski-ny-13142/10028254325625751004

That's a beautiful place! Yeah, that commute would be brutal for me. I hate long drives to work. I try to keep it under 20 minutes. Wasting 1-2 hours a day driving is rough. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yup, moving back to the pulaski area..(as long as the inspection passes lol)

The old lady has been taking the 45 mile drive almost daily:unsure: 

https://www.remax.com/ny/pulaski/home-details/16-coho-st-pulaski-ny-13142/10028254325625751004

Looks like a great house, and it will be a lot more convenient than your old place!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1